SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle

4 posters

Go down

Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle Empty Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle

Post by Lugia2453 Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:39 pm

According to Sakurai in his recent Famitsu feature, the workload he has for the next Super Smash Bros. games would normally take a multi-person team to handle. He says that it would be faster and more accurate to do the work himself than to tell another person what to do. He's so busy that by the time he gets to sit down and do his own editing work, it's 12 hours after he arrives in the office. This is why he prefers to come in on Saturday for work - he doesn't have requests and requirements from other staff members.

"With the previous Smash Bros. games, I would input all the fighter specs and attack hitboxes, and with the new games I'm doing something very similar. If I were to hand over the work to someone else, it would be a full-time, multi-person designated workload. It's faster and more accurate to do it myself than to tell someone else over and over again what to do.

I'm thankful to be able to work a job where I can offer enjoyment to more and more people. More than anything, it's fun to see things come together!"

Source
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle Empty Re: Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle

Post by ZeldaFan996 Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:24 pm

I really appreciate this guys hard work and dedication.  The game looks fantastic so far, and I'm sure he and his team will do a great job.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle Empty Re: Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS workload would normally take a multi-person team to handle

Post by Taidow Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:43 am

Now if he won't make some characters horribly overpowered...
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Taidow wrote:Now if he won't make some characters horribly overpowered...
Yeah.  Don't rush it guys, we can wait.  Just as long as they do some major testing beforehand.

I'm not sure if Nintendo would do this, but I know that on Call of Duty, if a certain gun is overpowered, they'll send out an update which changes the damage, rate of fire, or whatever about the gun.  Nintendo could possibly do the same thing to Smash Bros. if they needed to.

Although I'd really rather just have it balanced out the door.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:20 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:
Taidow wrote:Now if he won't make some characters horribly overpowered...
Yeah.  Don't rush it guys, we can wait.  Just as long as they do some major testing beforehand.

I'm not sure if Nintendo would do this, but I know that on Call of Duty, if a certain gun is overpowered, they'll send out an update which changes the damage, rate of fire, or whatever about the gun.  Nintendo could possibly do the same thing to Smash Bros. if they needed to.

Although I'd really rather just have it balanced out the door.
Well, Nintendo is -- most of the time -- really good with these types of things. I could not worry too much about it.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:23 pm

This guy is really something to admire. Nowadays, many would prefer to rather sit on their chair and do easy work than work long hours on a project. But if it is something your really enjoy doing, then it is likely not even "work" in your eyes.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down