SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Possible new site. Should we migrate? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Possible new site. Should we migrate?

3 posters

Go down

Possible new site. Should we migrate? Empty Possible new site. Should we migrate?

Post by DarkMarth Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 am

Hey everyone! 

Proceeding the closure of Super Smash Bros. World, many of us migrated here, in the forums, to try and keep the community alive. During the past year, we have done what we could to continue what IGN had given up on. And while a forum has served us well for many things, it does fall short on some very important aspects. For this reason, a small group of us have been trying to find possible alternatives that could better serve our needs. And,today, we would like to introduce the community to a possible alternative site. This site offers all of the features that Forumotion provides. In addition, it supports an array of features not supported by formation. These features include a front-page new section, user profiles (and walls), and so much more. In addition, there is a file storage/sharing system that is supported, perfect for stage sharing. However, we are still discussing whether or not to include that feature -- because it does require an annual fee. Moreover, we are not even certain if the next Super Smash Bros. will support a star builder feature. 

The site can be found by clicking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for relocation, we have decided that it would be in the community's best interest if we decided by means of majority vote. So, be sure to check out the site. Once you have done so, be sure to vote in the poll, whether or not you would like to migrate. Once everyone (who is active) has voted, we will review the results and take appropriate action. So, remember, your vote matters. 

Happy exploring!

Last edited by DarkMarth on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Possible new site. Should we migrate? Empty Re: Possible new site. Should we migrate?

Post by DuxTape Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:12 am

For me it doesn't really matter. The only reason I'd want to stay here as far as I know, is just because I've spent much time here. But if the new website is really better, there's no reason to stay here. I'll see what the other will vote.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Possible new site. Should we migrate? Empty Re: Possible new site. Should we migrate?

Post by DarkMarth Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am

DuxTape wrote:For me it doesn't really matter. The only reason I'd want to stay here as far as I know, is just because I've spent much time here. But if the new website is really better, there's no reason to stay here. I'll see what the other will vote.

That's understandable. To be honest, migrating would be very hard because of the fact that we have been here for so long. But, I would say it is worth checking out, to see whether or not it can provide a better user experience.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Ooh a new site? I don't see why not, we've had to leave behind a site we've loved before, and if there's a better alternative, I don't see why we can't again. And if it's free as long as we don't use the data storage option, I say it's worth it. We can just wait to see if SSB4 has the same method of stage creation, I'm pretty sure it will have the editor in some capacity.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down