SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games

+3
DarkMarth
ZeldaFan996
Lugia2453
7 posters

Go down

Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games Empty Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games

Post by Lugia2453 Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Here's an interesting possible new character for the next Super Smash Bros. games - how about Meat Boy from Super Meat Boy? That's what creators Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes want to see. According to them, this is the one reason they would want to develop on a Nintendo platform.

“I want Meat Boy to be in Smash Bros. That would be the one reason I’d really want to develop for a Nintendo console.”

“That would be amazing!” Tommy adds. “If they could guarantee us Meat Boy would be in Smash Bros., we would do something.”

“Nintendo are you listening? Smash Bros! We would ask for nothing in return. Just f***ing use the character. Put him in the game. It’s free!”
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games Empty Re: Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games

Post by ZeldaFan996 Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm

That's stupid. They're just being selfish here, only wanting to develop for a Nintendo platform if they get something in return.

Besides, there's no way that's gonna happen. Smash Bros. 4 is now somewhat into development, so by the time they figure something out with Nintendo, Smash Bros. 4 will likely be in its final stages. Not to mention there is really no room for new characters.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games Empty Re: Team Meat wants to see Meat Boy in the next Super Smash Bros. games

Post by DarkMarth Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Interesting. However, the likelihood of this ever happening would depend on how many third party characters Sakurai's would like to include in the game.

In Brawl, there were only two, I believe, third party characters - Snake and Sonic. But even if they do decide to add more, I'd expect the competition for thae spots will be fierce.

But who knows? It might happen.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:47 pm

I don't think it's gonna happen and I don't really like the idea too.

First of all, Super Meat Boy is kind of a gimmick game, it's not like Sonic or Snake a big character from a big company. Therefore it's not worth a 3rd party character slot.

And what kind of moveset would he have? His signature move is to die. I think they could do great stuff with saw blades, rockets and such, but even then, his A-moveset wouldn't work too well either.

What else does SSB4 get if Super Meat Boy is added? He's definitely not worth another Assist Trophy and there shouldn't be more than 4 characters who even stand a chance to be a trophy.

Maybe PETA will rage again over Super Meat Boy, Pokémon and all the other "animals" in SSB4 (I know, this is not a real argument).

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by halibabica Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm with ZeldaFan; this is pretty ignorant of them. There are far too many better options for playable characters already, and even an Assist Trophy would be a huge stretch. I wouldn't put him in just because of their audacity.
halibabica
halibabica

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow I also agree with ZeldaFan and halibabica. These people are out of their minds. I kind of want to smack them in the face with a rubber chicken like those old Looney Tunes cartoons.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Taidow wrote:Wow I also agree with ZeldaFan and halibabica. These people are out of their minds. I kind of want to smack them in the face with a rubber chicken like those old Looney Tunes cartoons.

-Haha, true.

Meat Boy is not worthy. especially after this kind of overconfident tone they put out.
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down