SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Video game achievements you're proud of EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Video game achievements you're proud of

5 posters

Go down

Video game achievements you're proud of Empty Video game achievements you're proud of

Post by DuxTape Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Last summer I and a friend of mine both bought a copy of Pokémon Emerald (the Emerald I got years earlier had a battery that had run dry). My objective is to complete the game as much as possible: Beating Steven, having the full Pokédex except for Mew (which is the only event Pokémon that I haven't been able to get my hands on, and on a smaller note Raikou), getting as many Trainer Stars as possible - which involves beating all Pokémon Contests and getting all the Frontier Symbols - training a team of 6 tot level 100, et cetera. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do so, but I'll see how far I can get.

Now here is my question to you: Have you ever gotten an achievement in any game you're very proud of? Whether it's clearing a big game at 100%, getting an extremely difficult achievement or simply a self-made challenge you've beaten but proved to be a challenge to others?

Also: Post ideas for achievements in games that would be quite difficult.

As for me, I have cleared Super Mario Sunshine on 100% (there were two blue coins I couldn't find but I used the internet to get them) and I have the Crazy Hand and Giga Bowser Trophies on SSBM (no, I'm not someone who has the Diskun Trophy, respect for they who do).

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Video game achievements you're proud of Empty Re: Video game achievements you're proud of

Post by Lugia2453 Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:41 pm

I trained up 3 Pokemon to level 100 in my Pokemon Gold without cheating. Unfortunately, said Gold file was corrupted, so I'll never see that file again.

My idea for an achievement that I want to try: a three-heart run of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds with no upgrades. This means no upgraded tunics, no sword upgrades other than the Master Sword, and no item upgrades. That sounds fun, and it would be my first three-heart run of a Zelda game. Also, a Nuzlocke run of a Pokemon game. Has anyone here done that before?
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Video game achievements you're proud of Empty Re: Video game achievements you're proud of

Post by DuxTape Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Lugia2453 wrote:I trained up 3 Pokemon to level 100 in my Pokemon Gold without cheating. Unfortunately, said Gold file was corrupted, so I'll never see that file again.

My idea for an achievement that I want to try: a three-heart run of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds with no upgrades. This means no upgraded tunics, no sword upgrades other than the Master Sword, and no item upgrades. That sounds fun, and it would be my first three-heart run of a Zelda game. Also, a Nuzlocke run of a Pokemon game. Has anyone here done that before?
On my Pokémon FireRed (my first Pokémon game) I have 6 self-trained level 100 Pokémon, most of them grinded up on Seven Island because I was too afraid to challenge the E4 and losing. These are: Raichu, Charizard, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Hitmontop and Tyranitar. I also had a level 100 Blastoise which I lost when I traded it to my Pokémon Ruby to help beat the Elite Four after which my file corrupted ;-;

I had my own twist on the Nuzlocke which turned out to be impossible without the use of cheating devices. I call it the Duxlocke and this is how it work: Nowhere in the game, you are allowed to fully heal your party. Also you can't use PCs because they heal your Pokémon when you put them in.

The fatal flaw of this challenge is the inability to heal your PP: You can't buy Ether and they are very rare. Nevertheless I managed to get as far as beating Watson in a Pokémon Emerald file. Therefore it's more a "how far can you get" challenge than a "beat the game" challenge.

DuxTape

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:48 pm

180 Emblems in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
Completed National Dex for Platinum, White, and White 2. (working on X).
Some others that I forget.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by halibabica Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:07 pm

I have the Diskun trophy! I don't even remember how I got it, though. o.o

I once challenged myself to beat Paper Mario while fighting the absolute minimum number of battles for the lowest amount of experience. It's a totally doable challenge because the power of your attacks doesn't depend on your level. If you can play well enough to survive what the enemies dish out, you can always keep up with them. I did the same with Super Paper Mario, but I never tried it in Thousand-Year Door.
halibabica
halibabica

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Taidow wrote:180 Emblems in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
...And I thought getting it on Emerald is a challenge... Must involve lots of trading, mustn't it?

DuxTape

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:59 pm

I beat Super Mario Brothers.  One day I decided to sit down and not leave until I beat it.  Took me about 4-5 hours.

Other than that, I've beaten all of the Grand Prix races on F-Zero GX on Master difficulty.  I've also beaten the story mode on regular difficulty, but I haven't really been motivated to beat story mode on the other difficulties.

And seriously, Taidow, all 180 emblems?  What was the hardest to do, besides the driving ones?
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:22 pm

DuxTape wrote:
Taidow wrote:180 Emblems in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
...And I thought getting it on Emerald is a challenge... Must involve lots of trading, mustn't it?

Yeah but at least in W1/2 and X it's easier as transferring is easier.

And Idk Zef it has been a long time. I do know it was Metal Harbor, I just ended up collecting all rings for that automatic A-Rank.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:00 am

Really?  I find Metal Harbor to be really easy to A rank, because it's so short, and all you have to do is grab the top of the rocket.  Which I usually do about 50 percent of the time or more.

In fact, the only stages that I have all A ranks on so far is Metal Harbor and City Escape.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down