SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
How do you feel about digital downloads? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How do you feel about digital downloads?

5 posters

Go down

How do you feel about digital downloads? Empty How do you feel about digital downloads?

Post by ZeldaFan996 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 pm

This has been somewhat of a hot topic lately, seeing as how the market has been slowly moving away from physical media and more towards digital downloads. In my honest opinion, I'm not sure if I entirely like the idea of getting rid of physical media. You can't loan it to a friend, and you can't bring it over to someone elses house. Plus (and this is my biggest issue with it), you can't buy used games! Getting rid of used games would really make me lose interest in video games, seeing as how about 3/4 of the games I own were bought used.

What do you guys think about this topic?
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about digital downloads? Empty Re: How do you feel about digital downloads?

Post by Lugia2453 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 pm

I personally like them, but I don't think they should get rid of physical media, either. Some games, such as games released on earlier consoles, are good for digital downloads, while new games are good for physical media. Basically, I like digital downloads, but they shouldn't replace physical copies of games. I've always liked having a physical copy of games.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about digital downloads? Empty Re: How do you feel about digital downloads?

Post by DarkMarth Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 pm

I really don't know, to be honest. There are things I like and dais like about each.

Physical copies are great. I love the excitement I get every time I am opening a brand new game. I also like the fact that I can trade games in once I have played it to the point that I get tired of it. However, I do not like the idea of having to buy a new one when the disc or Cartrage gets lost or breaks. Yes, I know we, the consumes, have the right to make a back up copy in case something happens to the original, but sadly, Nintendo, according to their website, does not approve of this action.

Digital is really my way to go. I love having my games, and other applications, with me wherever I go. I also love love how you have no catrages or discs to keep up with. However, this would mean I would not be able to trade it in once I have completed it, which is primarily how I buy new games.

Secondly, and this only refers to Nintendo products, retailers, in Europe have been selling download codes for a greater price tag. From a business perspective, this makes a lot of sense. However, for the consumer, it does not make any sense as to why you would charge more for a code. You don't need to pay for packaging, you dot need to pay for the documentation. So it does not make any sense by you just don't sell it at the same price as the physical copy.

DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 pm

As previously mentioned, I prefer the physical ownership of a hard-copy to add to my collection. It's fine for smaller releases, but a full retail game is something I'd prefer a full copy of. Especially since you can use a physical copy on multiple different consoles.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:18 pm

I say that producers should just make the physical copies have the ability to produce a digital copy on your console. Wah-lah Cool
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down