SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years

4 posters

Go down

No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years Empty No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years

Post by Lugia2453 Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

If you're waiting for a price drop to buy the Wii U, you'll be waiting for a while. According to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime, there won't be a price drop for the Wii U for a few years. Nintendo doesn't believe in releasing a console and dropping its price a short time after launch (while the 3DS had a price drop not too long after launch, it was a "very painful proposition" for Nintendo), and because the Wii was $249.99 for 3 and a half years, Reggie believes that the price will remain the same for a few years.

“The way that we approach consumer value is we want to make sure we give the consumer a lot for what they pay, and when you look at that basic model you get the innovation in the GamePad (and all of the gaming options that presents), you get Miiverse in terms of a gaming community, you get Nintendo TVii, you get video chat… all of that is included in the base proposition. We think $299 is a really strong value, and it’s a value that’s going to be strong for a long time.”

“That gets into another one of our pricing philosophies; we don’t believe in pricing a product and then having to reduce the price some short time later. When we had to do that for 3DS, it was a very painful proposition for us. And what we did with the Wii at $249 and leaving it there for, I think, about three and a half years is very much consistent with our pricing philosophy.”

“In terms of profitability, we don’t comment on our internal byproduct P&L, but as a philosophy, we believe in making money on our hardware, even if it’s small amounts of money at the start. We don’t believe in losing a lot of money on hardware. I brought up 3DS – after the price cut, we were losing money on 3DS hardware and that’s what led to our posting our first operating loss ever as a public company.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/24/nintendo-doesnt-plan-to-reduce-wii-u-price-for-years/
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years Empty Re: No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years

Post by Taidow Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Anyone could have seen that coming.

The Wii U is reasonable priced unlike the 3DS when it came out.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years Empty Re: No price drop on the Wii U will be coming for years

Post by flamemetal3 Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 am

I agree with the great price. Just not with the bundles. This is a first for Nintendo in this generation of gaming. But oh well, it's not much too complain about. : P
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Meh, I can wait. Though I wish I had the requisite funds to keep me on the cutting edge of gaming technology, I think I'll be happy with my current consoles for the forseeable future. The Wii U looks moderately fun so far, but I don't have a strong desire for it like I did when the Wii came out. I'll take Reggie's forecast of no price drop as a challenge- I think I can wait him out. And getting things as pricey as gaming machines used really is the best way.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down