SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High

+2
Lugia2453
DarkMarth
6 posters

Go down

Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High Empty Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High

Post by DarkMarth Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Well, while it seems like te Wii U's price tag is pretty reasonabe to many, one analysts begs to differ. Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter believes that "pricing will be too high to sustain demand given current competition from other consoles and tablets." He also believes that a price cut during the 2013 Summer timeframe is very likely to occur.

But he also believes Nintendo made the right move by pricing the system a higher because Nintendo can focus on its fanbase first, then lower the rice tag to satisfy and attract everyone else.

While I would really like to see a price cut, I believe that the Wii U's current pricing is perfect and will do Nintendo well. But what about you guys? Do you agree or disagree? Leave a comment or vote on this week's poll (which fortunately asks the same question, lol.

SOURCE: TechnoBuffalo
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High Empty Re: Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 pm

I don't think it's too high, as I mentioned in my thread for this week's poll. Pachter tends to make statements like this; I see them a lot on GoNintendo and My Nintendo News.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High Empty Re: Analyst Says Wii U Price May Be Too High

Post by cloaked_schemer Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:08 pm

I personally think that the BIG choice that nintendo made was the two different bundles. If I remember correctly, Xbox does the same thing (a basic version, a better one, and a deluxe) and it worked for them to get hardcore and new xbox users in, and I believe this will help nintendo as well, let the hardcore feel special and have a less expensive one for the average Joe.

....Oh, and HI EVERYONE! Man I haven't posted much, I am glad every thing is going swimmingly. So, has it been decided if a new site will be made or are we gunna stick to a forum site? (Again, thank you Marth for making this little site, It was DM right? or am I losing my marbles and forgot?)

cloaked_schemer

Male Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Currently, we are going to stick with the forum, but I'm sure everybody would love to get a new site up when we have the resources, as well as the demand (like when SSB4 stuff starts being revealed). Until then, I think we're pretty content here for now.

On this topic, I really don't see how the Wii U's price tage could be much lower, given that the controller (component-wise) is essentially a tablet in and of itself. Nintendo really hit the right price range for me here, and from what I see, everyone else is saying the same thing.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:51 pm

cloaked_schemer wrote:I personally think that the BIG choice that nintendo made was the two different bundles. If I remember correctly, Xbox does the same thing (a basic version, a better one, and a deluxe) and it worked for them to get hardcore and new xbox users in, and I believe this will help nintendo as well, let the hardcore feel special and have a less expensive one for the average Joe.

....Oh, and HI EVERYONE! Man I haven't posted much, I am glad every thing is going swimmingly. So, has it been decided if a new site will be made or are we gunna stick to a forum site? (Again, thank you Marth for making this little site, It was DM right? or am I losing my marbles and forgot?)

Yes, it was I. But I did not really "make" it. I simply started a forum with some handy templates Smile

I was working on coding up a new site though. But, it's far from ready. I'm kind of a novice at web design and time is also not always on my side. So...
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:12 am

Who pays attention to Patcher? Especially when he's always so critical of Nintendo.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:39 am

What frustrates me is how the Australian price compares to the US one. America gets it for 299.99USD, and with the AUD currently equal to about 102 US cents, you think the price would be lower for Australia, but no, it's $50 higher.

Even with that factored in though, I don't think it's over-priced at all, so I think these claims are a bit dubious.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down