SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Underrated games EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Underrated games EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Underrated games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Underrated games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Underrated games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Underrated games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Underrated games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Underrated games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Underrated games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Underrated games EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Underrated games

+4
Taidow
DuxTape
ZeldaFan996
Lugia2453
8 posters

Go down

Underrated games Empty Underrated games

Post by Lugia2453 Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:38 pm

What games have you played do you think are underrated? You know, games that you enjoyed, but aren't enjoyed as much by many other people. For me, I can think of two games that I think are underrated.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Sure it's not as good as Ocarina of Time, but it's still a great game that's one of the most under-appreciated Zelda games. While the time system is knocked on at lot, to me, that's one of the things that makes the game unique. I like the mask system a lot too.

Super Mario Sunshine: It's one of the most under-appreciated Mario games, but I still liked it. The water system is a fun system that makes this game unique among other Mario platformers. In later levels, though, it can get brutal at times, particularly in levels when you don't have F.L.U.D.D.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Underrated games Empty Re: Underrated games

Post by ZeldaFan996 Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Love Majora's Mask, can't stand Mario Sunshine. It just seems so repetetive with the level design after playing Mario Galaxy.

My most underrated game is probably Zelda II: Adventure of Link. Sure, it's ridiculously hard, but if you put some time into it, it's quite an enjoyable old-school NES game. Plus, the Hyrule Temple theme came from that game.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Dude. Really? Super Mario Sunshine was my first Mario and my first console game. This was the game I played all night when I got my GameCube. Man, what have I had lots of fun with SMS. It was basically my childhood for 4 years.
Yes I know this is actually pure nostalgia but still it's such a great game. Not for nothing I fell in love with it when I caught a glimpse of it at my friend's house.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 pm

PhoenixTear wrote:Dude. Really? Super Mario Sunshine was my first Mario and my first console game. This was the game I played all night when I got my GameCube. Man, what have I had lots of fun with SMS. It was basically my childhood for 4 years.
Yes I know this is actually pure nostalgia but still it's such a great game. Not for nothing I fell in love with it when I caught a glimpse of it at my friend's house.

Meh, every man to his own. I don't think it's bad, but I just find Galaxy 1 and 2 to be better. Never played Mario 64, so I can't compare these games to that game.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I have to agree.

Super Mario Sunshienis a very underrated game. It's kinda like the Black Sheep of the family. Another game that's heavily underrated is Sonic and the Secret Rings. Once you level up enough and get decent speed the game becomes very fun and I guess it's those RPG elements that push people away, as well as the controls but you know what, they aren't as bad as people state them to be.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:36 pm

I would have I go with Sunshine. While I can honestly say its kind of rpetitive, something about it just seems fun.... This puts I in number 3 on my favorite Mario adventure games list, only to fall behind Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Galaxy.

Another game that I feel is underrated is Pokemon Gale of Darkness. While the fact that Shadow Lugia is not a real pokemon remains true, the overall adventure was unique from other pokemon games. I actually wish they would apply the same approach to future installments of the franchise.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowstrike14 Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Another underrated game could be Pikmin, since many people know it, other just dont know anything about the franchise.
Shadowstrike14
Shadowstrike14

Male Posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybrog Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:22 am

Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite Mario game, hands down. I don't know about you Zeldafan996, but I found the level design great. The shines you had to get, the misions behind those were original as well. I mean, Galaxy was very fun, bt there's always been this magnetism between me and Sunshine. It cold very well be nostalgia, me and my father playing it for hours in my childhood.

However, one of my top five games that is considered underrated is Donkey Kong 64. Best 64 game, in my opinion. The HUGE amount of reas to explore, the unique puzzles, fun enemies and boss fights, and platforming chllenges. I just wish Ninty would put this game on Wii VC. That would be a very happy day for me if they did tht.

Hybrog

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Hybrog wrote:Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite Mario game, hands down. I don't know about you Zeldafan996, but I found the level design great. The shines you had to get, the misions behind those were original as well. I mean, Galaxy was very fun, bt there's always been this magnetism between me and Sunshine. It cold very well be nostalgia, me and my father playing it for hours in my childhood.

It looks like I'm the odd one out here. I don't know, I guess I just find the level designs so confusing; for the most part, I have no clue what to do or where to go. I haven't actually beaten the game all the way through as a result, so maybe this influenced my opinion on it. I'm glad you guys enjoy it though. Very Happy
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:01 pm

It looks like I'm the odd one out here. I don't know, I guess I just find the level designs so confusing; for the most part, I have no clue what to do or where to go. I haven't actually beaten the game all the way through as a result, so maybe this influenced my opinion on it. I'm glad you guys enjoy it though. Very Happy

I remember when I figured out what the beam in the sky was for: The way to get to Noki Bay. I was trying to figure it out and I looked into the sky and I got teleported away. The next time I was at my friends house (he had that game like 2 years before me) I went to Noki Bay and he didn't know that until then.

You have a point with the "unclear levels", though it's not necessarily a bad point. Playing a game blind is always more interesting that knowing exactly what to do. It also made the game more difficult in some ways. The Noki teleportation could have mentioned somewhere. Also the Yoshi-go-round level is pretty puzzling if you don't know what to do.
So yeah they give very little hints on how to continue your journey.

Then there are the Blue Coins... which are a whole different story. I needed like 4 more coins and I could never get them, until a year or two ago, where I just used YouTube to check all places.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:

No, I agree with you, Zeldy. SMS was over-complicated for me, too. Granted, I obtained it after SMG 1&2 so I was used to a far better quality, but that really doesn't affect me a lot. I can get into a game no matter how old it is if it's good, but SMS and I just never hit it off. SM64 now, that was a great game.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down