SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Favorite video games EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Favorite video games EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Favorite video games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Favorite video games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Favorite video games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Favorite video games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Favorite video games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Favorite video games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Favorite video games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Favorite video games EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Favorite video games

+4
Lugia2453
Pinkie Pie
DuxTape
ZeldaFan996
8 posters

Go down

Favorite video games Empty Favorite video games

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm

What are your top three favorite video games? Mine are (in this order):

1. Ocarina of Time- A fantastic game, that just blew me away when I first played it. It's what got me hooked on the Legend of Zelda series, and in my opinion, no other game has been able to surpass it's greatness. The combination of exploration, combat, and superb gameplay has forever cemented itself into my mind as the greatest game ever made.

2. Sonic Adventure- This is an interesting one. I haven't always been a big fan of Sonic, seeing as how my first Sonic game was Shadow the Hedgehog; however, one day, I played Sonic 2 on a friends iPod, and I loved it. I immediately set out to find a 3D Sonic game with similar gameplay. I started with Unleashed, which was OK, then Colors, which was fun, but wasn't even close to the classics in terms of gameplay style. Then, I eventually got Sonic Adventure, and finally found that good mix of speed, platforming, and exploration that the classics had. This game has made me a lifelong fan of Sonic, and has planted me right in the middle of the ever-so-controversial Sonic community.

3. Metroid Prime- This is one of the more recent games I have picked up, and though I haven't been able to complete it 100% (I don't consider that I have beat a game until I have done everything it has to offer), I still find it immensely enjoyable. I was originally quite skeptical of the game during its first portion on Frigate Orpheon, but as soon as I landed on Tallon IV, I knew this game was something special. The whole set up reminded me of Legend of Zelda, only, much more streamlined, with the whole world seeming like one big temple. However, the exploration factor (something I look for a lot in games), is off the charts thanks to this. I haven't played any other Prime titles, but for now, I'll stand by saying that this is my third favorite game ever made.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Favorite video games Empty Re: Favorite video games

Post by DuxTape Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 pm

1. Super Mario Sunshine. This was, along with SSBM, the first game I had for the GameCube. I remember when a friend of mine and I just went to my house and played. Then, after an hour when we had to go, we just went to his house (WITH the safe file) to his house and started playing where we left off. I 100% finished the game about 2 years ago, when I used YouTube to find the last few Blue Coins I could never find.

2. Pokémon Emerald. It was either this or Pokémon FireRed, but I chose for Emerald because of its (in my opinion) way better replayability.

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee. This was the second game I got with my GameCube and I also played it with my friend, although we barely got to finish it. Slowly but steadily we got all the characters Events and I beat Event #50 with either Roy (Counter) or Kirby (Hammer), not sure anymore. Then, after using YouTube (we got the game for like 2 years then I think), my friend managed to beat Event #51 in ONE try (with Jigglypuff, of course). I guess I could keep on writing an entire book about my experiences from SSBM, but I don't have that much space here.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Majora's Mask: It's hard explorable and very replayable.

Fallout 3: I can't put this thing down, it's amazing. So many secrets and so much exploration.
Still can't stop enjoying it.

Pokemon Emerald: By far extremely replayable. I have beaten it over and over and over and over again. Awesome game.

Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Zelda: Ocarina of Time: My favorite Zelda game. The 3D version is even better, with a better item equipment screen, the ability to equip the Iron Boots to a button (makes the Water Temple less tedious), and the ability to face bosses again.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: My most played game ever, and also my favorite of the SSB games. There's a lot of content, both available at the start and hidden, and the fast-paced gameplay is a lot of fun.

Pokemon Gold: The 2nd generation of Pokemon games has always been my favorite. HeartGold was great as well, with the many new additions and changes. It was one of my most played Pokemon games.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:10 am

My favorites, in no particular order, would be:

Ocarina of Time Yeah, everyone picks it, but when I played it as a total newbie to video games, my mind was blown.I can't really describe how this game influenced all my future gaming experiences- it's truly one of a kind. Needless to say, it was the first game I picked up when I bought my 3DS.

Assassin's Creed II I'll be honest; AC1 was terrible. Well, not that bad, but the missions were pretty tedious, and the story less than stellar. AC2 fixed its predecessor's problems, and I loved it the moment I started that first fight as Ezio.

Man, thinking of a third is tough. I guess the first two are so head and shoulders above the rest I can't think of a close third. I'll just give a few contenders- Super Mario 64, Rush 64, Scribblenauts, Perfect Dark (not the awful Xbox version, the 64 one), almost all of The Elder Scrolls series... WAIT! I just thought of it! of course! I can't believe I forgot! Debuting at my #1 of all time...

GOLDEN SUN!!! This game (and its first sequel, TLA) is the single greatest RPG I've played in my life, and that's a lot. Yeah, easily my top game(s). Anyone that hasn't gotten a chance to play those two GBA titles has missed out on something truly special. *sniffles upon remembering amazing dungeon crawling times*
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 am

This changes for me every few weeks, but at the moment I'm feeling;

1: Metroid Prime, for reasons I'm sure you've all heard me rant about before.
2: Banjo-Kazooie, which did everything SM64 did, but then presented it with more style.
3: Burnout 3, which is everything an arcade racer could ever strive to be.

Obviously, there's a lot of other games I'd consider, but I rushed in thinking this up.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 am

My top three games in no particular order:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Who else would be at the top? This third installment is the reason I still talk about the game to this day with friends and family. Just stellar beyond imagination. We all know what it's got against the opposition, and that's replay value with friends. Along with all the insane action!

Final Fantasy VII - The vast expanse of treasure this game filled my mind with. It was incredible seeing how Cloud could go through an entire journey while interacting with so many people and places in all sorts of different ways. The battle system in this one was right on spot with what I was looking for in an RPG.

Mirror's Edge - Running in first person, yes. That's what I've never expected to see, but always wanted to have. It's crazy how this game hits that sweet spot of taking the FPS perspective to give us the feeling that we can around from place to place through the eyes of the character. Truly one of a kind.
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Killing_Edge Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:22 am

Kingdom Hearts:
A unique action RPG unlike any other with a plot now running very deep with the latest installment: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS.

Jak & Daxter:
Originally a sole platformer, each game in the series stays fresh as they differ greatly after each installment and feels like a whole new experience.

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core:
The prequel to the original Final Fantasy VII and one of the best PSP games. Brilliant story telling combined with excellent CG cutscenes provide you with a memorable story.

Fire Emblem: A quick and swift swordsman, a durable and hard hitting axeman, or a distant but accurate bowman, you decide. Watch your characters grow as you guide them in this strategy RPG.

That's it for now, I will post more as they come to me. I hope you enjoyed my summaries on these great games, so check them out already!

Killing_Edge
Killing_Edge

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down