SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Worst Character to Fight EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Worst Character to Fight EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Worst Character to Fight EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Worst Character to Fight EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Worst Character to Fight EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Worst Character to Fight EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Worst Character to Fight EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Worst Character to Fight EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Worst Character to Fight EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Worst Character to Fight EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Worst Character to Fight

+3
DuxTape
ZeldaFan996
Rollupntraff
7 posters

Go down

Worst Character to Fight Empty Worst Character to Fight

Post by Rollupntraff Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm

This is a little different question than normally posted: What Smash Brothers (and characters from Melee count too) do you hate to play against, whether it be because of spammy attacks *cough* thunder *cough* or the fact that they're so fast all they do is run away.

For me, I hate playing against Kirby (because I can never catch the guy in an when playing a ground-oriented character), and Snake (because his FS is obnoxious, and when used right can deal a bunch of damage in one combo).
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Worst Character to Fight Empty Re: Worst Character to Fight

Post by ZeldaFan996 Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:48 pm

I hate small characters in general, because they're just so hard to hit. In particular, I hate Pikachu, Meta Knight, and Lucas. Since pretty much everybody uses Kirby (in casual fights, I mean), I've figured out how to deal with him pretty well, so he's not a problem.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Pretty much the only real person I Brawl against is my 5 years younger brother, but he's not too bad.
He has invented a way to spam with basically any character, but the most annoying is Pit's Angel Ring.
As for other annoying characters, I don't really know so sure, but one thing I can't stand is being juggled. Some characters (I play) just have an impossible DAir and I will always be send back up no matter what I try.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:57 pm

PhoenixTear wrote:Pretty much the only real person I Brawl against is my 5 years younger brother, but he's not too bad.
He has invented a way to spam with basically any character, but the most annoying is Pit's Angel Ring.
As for other annoying characters, I don't really know so sure, but one thing I can't stand is being juggled. Some characters (I play) just have an impossible DAir and I will always be send back up no matter what I try.

Funny you should say that, because I also have a brother that is 5 years younger than me that I play with, and guess who he mains? Pikachu and Lucas.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:57 pm

For me, it's characters with projectiles. I just have trouble approaching.

I also have trouble with small characters. But ones like Pikachu, who spam thunder al the time, I've learned to deal with. Ill give you a hint: Shield and grab. Be you can never figure it out....
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 pm

DarkMarth wrote:For me, it's characters with projectiles. I just have trouble approaching.

I also have trouble with small characters. But ones like Pikachu, who spam thunder al the time, I've learned to deal with. Ill give you a hint: Shield and grab. Be you can never figure it out....

I do grab a lot, because I hold the Gamecube controller with my forefinger on the Z button, and my middle finger on the R button, but I definitely don't shield as much as I probably should. I always found rolling much more useful, because nobody can grab you out of a roll. But as a result, I always end up eating a Thunder in the face once the invincibility frames run out. Razz
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:
DarkMarth wrote:For me, it's characters with projectiles. I just have trouble approaching.

I do grab a lot, because I hold the Gamecube controller with my forefinger on the Z button, and my middle finger on the R button, but I definitely don't shield as much as I probably should. I always found rolling much more useful, because nobody can grab you out of a roll. But as a result, I always end up eating a Thunder in the face once the invincibility frames run out. Razz

That happened to me to, early on. But then I realized that a thunder leaves Pikachu vonerable afterwards, enough time for me to punish it. Nowadays, I rarely roll, mainly because it leaves me vonerable. I find running and shielding much more effective.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halibabica Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Having virtually no one to play the game with on a regular basis, all the characters I've grown to hate fighting are the ones the CPU seems unnaturally cruel with. I tend to have the most trouble with Diddy, Lucas, Olimar, and Luigi. I swear, sometimes there's just nothing you can do.
halibabica
halibabica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:57 am

Hey, it sounds like some people are spewing anti-Lucas bias, and I will have none of it.

But seriously, I have to agree with you, PhoenixTear, Pit is awful too. Reflection plus long lasting annoying attack does get old pretty quickly. Kinda like Fox's Reflector.

I have always loved Thunder. I'm pretty decent with Pikachu (and that's not counting spamming), but when used legitimately it can really get you out of a bind. The fact that it can't be sidestepped due to its long field time is great to use- but of course terrible to fight.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Rollupntraff wrote:Hey, it sounds like some people are spewing anti-Lucas bias, and I will have none of it.

No, no, I'm not saying I hate Lucas as a character, or that he's a bad character, it's just that he can get annoying to fight. Especially with that powerful Up-smash. It's usually pretty easy to predict, but if you ever get caught in it, be prepared to lose a stock.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:No, no, I'm not saying I hate Lucas as a character, or that he's a bad character, it's just that he can get annoying to fight. Especially with that powerful Up-smash. It's usually pretty easy to predict, but if you ever get caught in it, be prepared to lose a stock.

Haha, no, I was just kidding! By now, most everybody knows Lucas is my main, so I was just pretending to take offense to his name being mentioned in the list. Don't worry about ruffling my feathers Smile
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:38 pm

I hate facing the "popular" ones like Meta Knight, Snake, and Marth.

Most of my in real life friends love using Marth and I've grown to dislike him.

Meta Knight and Snake for obvious reasons.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Taidow wrote:I hate facing the "popular" ones like Meta Knight, Snake, and Marth.

You hate me? Lol. Why ever so? I'm just a swordsman with no projectiles whatsoever. I can't be that bad. Smile
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:33 am

DarkMarth wrote:
Taidow wrote:I hate facing the "popular" ones like Meta Knight, Snake, and Marth.

You hate me? Lol. Why ever so? I'm just a swordsman with no projectiles whatsoever. I can't be that bad. Smile

Not to mention ridiculous range with your sword. Rolling Eyes
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

I still don't understand (even after four years) what is so awful about Meta Knight. They say anyone can start playing as him and win every time, but I've never had any trouble against him. I've always thought his attacks were pretty bad, myself. Easily shielded, they leave him vulnerable after failed attempts, and they don't do a whole lot of damage. But hey- every other Smasher on the planet can't be wrong, right? I need to look up some videos of MK; maybe that will help.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 am

Rollupntraff wrote:

I still don't understand (even after four years) what is so awful about Meta Knight. They say anyone can start playing as him and win every time, but I've never had any trouble against him. I've always thought his attacks were pretty bad, myself. Easily shielded, they leave him vulnerable after failed attempts, and they don't do a whole lot of damage. But hey- every other Smasher on the planet can't be wrong, right? I need to look up some videos of MK; maybe that will help.

Well, I think others are exaggerating a bit. See, the arguement here is Meta Knight, if used correctly, just has too much power at his disposal. He is quick, his attacks don't have that much recovery lag, which is a bad combo because it means he can execute consecutive combos easily. His ability to fly, and all four of his special attacks are both really devestating and recovery-friendly. Again, this gives him good areal advantages. This makes things even worse because most characters are actually at their weakest point when airborne. So, both in last and in the air, meta knight is capable of establishing a dominant control of both battlefields. Most characters, on the other hand, are pretty limited with what they can do to defend themselves as they descend back onstage.

Of course, you still need to know what is appropriate to use when in order to establish the type of control during a match. That is why I say the "anyone can pick him up and win" statement is kind of an exaggeration. You still need to know what you are doing. You probably just don't need to exert as much effort with him as you would with other characters.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Ganondorf's flame choke. "Sacrifice!...Sacrifice!"
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125