SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Fire Emblem Awakening EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fire Emblem Awakening

+4
flamemetal3
Fox08
DarkMarth
Killing_Edge
8 posters

Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening Empty Fire Emblem Awakening

Post by Killing_Edge Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 am

The newest Fire Emblem makes its mark on the 3DS, as the 14th installment in the series.

If you have managed to find a copy of the game tell us what you think. Is it too different, does it go against the original tradition? Or do you welcome these changes?

As an experiened Fire Emblem player who has played: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Shadow Dragon; I think that Awakening adds a whole new depth to the series.

For one the new combat system, now when you attack whilst an ally is adjacent to you they have a chance to follow up your attack with a blow of their own or even protect you from a possibly lethal strike. Additionally you can now pair up two characters and potentially gain the same effect as well as receiving stat bonuses, the exact opposite of the 'rescue' command in previous titles where you lose stats. Furthermore, you begin to develop support with frequently paired up characters ultimately resulting in more reliable team efforts.

However at times I believe this aspect of the game really brings down the difficulty in certain instances, especially considering the fact your enemies do not have these new options and cannot pair up to counter you.

There never seems to be a happy medium of difficulty, there is far too wide of a gap consisting between hard and lunatic. I'm also upset about the new casual mode option allowing for fallen comrades to make a return in the next chapter rather than permanent death. While this could appeal to newcomers I hardly think its neccessary with the easy difficulty setting. The worst part is that playing on casual is tempting because there are no advantages to playing on classic.

All in all Fire Emblem Awakening has set a new standard for the Fire Emblem series and is the perfect game for newcomers. I recommend this game to any 3DS who is interested in an RPG.

Killing_Edge
Killing_Edge

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening Empty Re: Fire Emblem Awakening

Post by DarkMarth Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 pm

I have it. I was actually the only one in my city to get get one, at the time....

Having only played Shadow Dragon, I am kind of a newbie to the series. However, I can say Awakening is a definite must-have for any 3DS owner. It provides a really well thought out, and touching, story, and emersive gameplay.

DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killing_Edge Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:59 am

Yes awakening is a great game, but even so I think my favorite still lies with Path of Radiance or Radiant dawn. While revisiting these titles may seem awkward due to the now outdated combat system, I highly recommend playing these two if you haven't already. Maybe it's the fact that they're full fledged console games, I don't know there's just a unique feel to them.
Killing_Edge
Killing_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox08 Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:53 am

I haven't played too many Fire Emblem games in my time. The only ones that I have played were two on the GBA. I believe they were the original "Fire Emblem" and "Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones".

I began trying out these games about a year ago. I had friends that were hyped about getting Awakening and I wanted to try and get into the series. To my surprise, the Fire Emblem games were quite fun with a nice challenge to it. When I got Awakening, I quickly grew accustomed to the changes (it was fairly easy to adapt since I'm still fairly new to the series).

All in all, I was very pleased with Awakening and still play it today. Not to mention the DLC Nintendo is so graciously offering. xD I look forward to more Fire Emblem games in the future.
Fox08
Fox08

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Killing_Edge Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:28 am

I can't help but notice that some of the artwork in awakening is very... Strange.
Killing_Edge
Killing_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 pm

I got Fire Emblem: Awakening. That's a great game that really capitalizes on everything else that was previously put into the series. I've only missed out on the first Fire Emblem for GBA and Radiant Dawn. Otherwise, I can say that Awakening is full of awesomeness. The new art style combines the charm from the GBA/DS titles and the 3D from the console versions and it looks great.

I'll probably need to play this again a second time through since I lost one of my units, Maribelle, and missed recruiting a few characters. And I've spent much time on Awakening just leveling up and building support between my characters.
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Killing_Edge Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Really? The art style didn't seem out of place? Maybe it's just me then... I mean the 3D combat scenes look totally fine, except for the fact they all seem to have peg legs. It's the character design that gets me, and I hate what they did to the armored units they look rather ridiculous. I suppose I'll get used to it though.
Killing_Edge
Killing_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrimsonFlash Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:12 am

In my opinion the armored units always looked ridiculous. My least favorite class.

And I'll come back to this thread in a couple of months when I buy my 3DS and give my opinion but I'm sure i'll thoroughly enjoy this game.
TheCrimsonFlash
TheCrimsonFlash

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:06 am

Guys. GUYS! I bought this game a few days ago after playing the demo on the eShop, and it's amazing! I haven't played a lot of handheld turn-based strategy games like this, I think the last one was Final Fantasy Tactics for the GBA. This one however... is epic. The characters are for the most part well-developed, the support conversations are smoothly done, and I actually kinda like the perma-death aspect. Sure, sometimes I'll cheat and re-start the game if someone really important bites the dust (Lon'qu died early on, and I said "not with that Killing Edge, you're not), but it's cool how someone dying can kinda change the story.

The upgrading units to an advanced class is really nice, to. Making it so that Lissa can finally protect herself with an axe was an "it's about time" moment, but fun nevertheless. It really is a great game.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by KrackoCloud Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:33 am

Boy, I want this game so badly. I'll probably have to wait for summer to get it though.

In the mean time I will just watch random support convo vids and wear a goofy grin on my face when people get married.

KrackoCloud

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Rollupntraff wrote:Guys. GUYS! I bought this game a few days ago after playing the demo on the eShop, and it's amazing!...It really is a great game.

Good to hear, Roll. Welcome to Fire Emblem
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 pm

How are Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? You guys seem so excited about the series, but seeing as though I don't have a handheld, what do you think about the console iterations?
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:How are Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? You guys seem so excited about the series, but seeing as though I don't have a handheld, what do you think about the console iterations?

I think it's well worth a try.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down