SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games

5 posters

Go down

Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games Empty Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games

Post by Lugia2453 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 pm

In the latest edition of Famitsu, Sakurai talked about working on the next Super Smash Bros. game. According to him, he is suffering a lot of pain in his right arm and hand, and this is hindering his progress. He also mentions that he has trouble finding the time to work on the games, as a lot of his time is spent overseeing other people working on the games.

“As a director, I don’t have much time in the weekdays to proceed along with my own work. The entire day is spent overseeing other people, holding meetings, working on other proposals, making visits elsewhere and so on. If I can get everything squared away, then I can work on my own stuff, but most of the time there’s just an overwhelming lack of time. Often I go in on my off-days to catch up on my own work, but with my body going on me like this, I have to cut these extra days out of my schedule and even with that I can’t use my right arm very much to control things. If this disorder lingers, or if it never gets fixed, there’s no telling what impact that would have on the project.”

Sakurai noted that, until his right arm gets better, he’s forced to gnarl his left hand around a game controller in order to do any sort of playtesting work on the current version of Smash Bros. ”I’ve had to control two characters at once in a lot of game projects up to now, so as long as I keep it to simple moves, this works well enough. It doesn’t go that easy with the Nintendo 3DS version, though, and the debug camera is pretty hard to control. Still, now I realize how important it is to have your health. I’m glad I’m still in good enough shape to work.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/27/sakurais-right-arm-pain-is-hindering-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-progress/
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games Empty Re: Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games

Post by Taidow Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Oh I saw this on GameFAQs. I hope he gets rest.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games Empty Re: Sakurai talks about working on the next Super Smash Bros. games

Post by DarkMarth Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:31 am

According to another source, he is suffering due to the fact that he has been on the computer (repetitive movement) for most of his life. I can't really recall the name of his condition, but I believe it was related to arthritis. I can't recall exactly, either, but I believe it was also permanent.

I saw an article related to this long ago. I just did not have time to write about it. And when I finally did, the news was so old it was not worth writing about anymore.

On a completely unrelated topic, around the same time I saw this article, I also read news that Iwata might resign if Nintendo's performance does not improve. This was also something I had hoped to write about but never got to it due to time.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:56 am

Does he have carpal tunnel? That might be it.

I hope this doesn't have too much of an impact on the game. Get better soon, Sakurai!
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:34 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:Does he have carpal tunnel? That might be it.

I hope this doesn't have too much of an impact on the game. Get better soon, Sakurai!

Link
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:31 am

I hope Sakurai gets better soon. He's a man at work trying his best.
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down