SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Improved pausing menu for SSB4 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Improved pausing menu for SSB4

3 posters

Go down

Improved pausing menu for SSB4 Empty Improved pausing menu for SSB4

Post by DuxTape Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm

I was just looking through some old threads, and in Zef's SSB4 ideas thread, I came up with the idea to have an improved pause screen (during a brawl). This were some things that came up:

- Like how Brawl improved the screen by being able to not only focus on characters, wouldn't it be so awesome if you could finally make the camera turn 360 degrees? That would take snapshots to a whole new level.
- One more thing I suggested was, via a certain button, being able to get a first-person view from one of the characters. This may or may not be useful, since you can just set the camera up in a certain way.
- Here is a new but oh so desired one: A record button. You press it, and when you unpause, it will start. When you press pause, it stops, however, if you unpause again, it will just continue without a cut. Go to the pause screen once again and you stop recording, then you save the record. Combine this with the ability to paste them behind one-another, and one can make Machinimas without hacks or video editing programs!

As for the Training screen, there should also be some adjustments:
- Pressing "pause" should actually pause everything.
- Better damage management would be nice. You can only set the opponent's HP, not your own, and also you can't keep it the same.
- Being able to get multiple Smash Balls on a screen (without crashing the game, duh).

What do you guys think?

Last edited by DuxTape on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Improved pausing menu for SSB4 Empty Re: Improved pausing menu for SSB4

Post by ZeldaFan996 Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:23 pm

I like all of the things you just said. Hire this guy, Nintendo!

I'd also like to see a good video editing program right in the game itself, similar to how COD does it. I think that would greatly increase the amount of people who post videos to YouTube.

But yeah, besides that, I only find a problem with having a 360 degree camera. That would involve making entire graphics behind where the camera usually is, and that would take an unecessarily large amount of work for a small feature. It would be nice if they did it, but I doubt they will.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:I like all of the things you just said. Hire this guy, Nintendo!

I'd also like to see a good video editing program right in the game itself, similar to how COD does it. I think that would greatly increase the amount of people who post videos to YouTube.

But yeah, besides that, I only find a problem with having a 360 degree camera. That would involve making entire graphics behind where the camera usually is, and that would take an unecessarily large amount of work for a small feature. It would be nice if they did it, but I doubt they will.

Right I kind of forgot the whole 360 degrees turned stage isn't shown during battle, only in the pause screen. So indeed it would be great to have, although it's just possible it's not going to be added. I do want to have a 90 degrees turn, so that you can see everything from character's perspective. In Brawl and Melee you just couldn't get that angle and that bugged me (and probably many more people).

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:51 pm

I like the idea of a 360 degree camera. There's often a lot in stages that you can't see with the camera they've been using since the first game. It would make for some fun snapshots, too. However, looking at ZeldaFan's post, I do agree that there would be some problems with it, and there isn't a good chance they'll add it. Despite the problems, it would be fun to see. I always liked using the 360 degree camera hack in Brawl.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down