SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts

5 posters

Go down

Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts Empty Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts

Post by DarkMarth Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Pokemon X and Y news and rumors have spread throughout the web like wildfire since its initial announcement on January 8, 2013. The video you see above is an analysis video of the recent Pokemon X and Y trailer. The video covers possible feature, game concepts, and I other ideas that may have been hinted by the trailer. So, be sure to give it a view.

Last edited by DarkMarth on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts

Post by ZeldaFan996 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 pm

The video link doesn't work. It says its not found.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts

Post by DarkMarth Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Hold on. I'm working on it.

Edit: there, all fixed
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:58 am

Interesting analysis there. I personally suspect Fennekin will be a Psychic dual-type, with the attack it uses in the trailer. Hopefully this breathes new life into the Pokemon franchise like Gen V has done.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:02 am

ShockBubble wrote:Interesting analysis there. I personally suspect Fennekin will be a Psychic dual-type, with the attack it uses in the trailer. Hopefully this breathes new life into the Pokemon franchise like Gen V has done.

I don't. That attack could have easily been Growl's new animation. I don't think we should base it that. That means Froakie will be part Normal if that move was Quick Attack.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by halibabica Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:47 am

Psh! What an assumption to make. "Oh, it learns a Normal move, so it must be part Normal!" Are you kidding? I really hope you are.

I'm a bit busy to watch the video now, but I usually stay away from speculation stuff regardless. I'm just a stick in the mud like that.
halibabica
halibabica

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Hali speaks the truth here, Taidow. Most Pokemon, Normal or otherwise, can learn pretty basic Normal moves like Growl or Quick Attack, even if they aren't a Normal type. Heck, just look at Pikachu, who is full electric. He can learn Growl and Quick Attack naturally.

As for the trailer...not much I can really say. It looks awesome, and if I ever do pick up a 3DS within the next year, you can bet that this game will be on my "To Buy" list. I trust Nintendo knows what their doing, and really, have they ever made a bad main series Pokemon game?
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:43 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:Hali speaks the truth here, Taidow. Most Pokemon, Normal or otherwise, can learn pretty basic Normal moves like Growl or Quick Attack, even if they aren't a Normal type. Heck, just look at Pikachu, who is full electric. He can learn Growl and Quick Attack naturally.

As for the trailer...not much I can really say. It looks awesome, and if I ever do pick up a 3DS within the next year, you can bet that this game will be on my "To Buy" list. I trust Nintendo knows what their doing, and really, have they ever made a bad main series Pokemon game?

Well, this will be your first handheld, right Zeldy? I recall you saying you never owned a handheld before.

But this is definitely a game worth the purchase for any Nintendo fan. The trailer analysis may all be speculation, but there is a chance it be become reality.

But I'm definitely getting this. I'll probably get the fire fox starter and name it Mozilla, lol
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

DarkMarth wrote:

Well, this will be your first handheld, right Zeldy? I recall you saying you never owned a handheld before.

But this is definitely a game worth the purchase for any Nintendo fan. The trailer analysis may all be speculation, but there is a chance it be become reality.

But I'm definitely getting this. I'll probably get the fire fox starter and name it Mozilla, lol

Yeah, it would be. I've thought of getting a handheld at various points in time, but I've never pulled the trigger and actually done it. My iPod Touch generally fulfills my on-the-go needs, but the 3DS lineup is looking really tempting.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:53 pm

halibabica wrote:Psh! What an assumption to make. "Oh, it learns a Normal move, so it must be part Normal!" Are you kidding? I really hope you are.

I'm a bit busy to watch the video now, but I usually stay away from speculation stuff regardless. I'm just a stick in the mud like that.

ZeldaFan996 wrote:Hali speaks the truth here, Taidow. Most Pokemon, Normal or otherwise, can learn pretty basic Normal moves like Growl or Quick Attack, even if they aren't a Normal type. Heck, just look at Pikachu, who is full electric. He can learn Growl and Quick Attack naturally.

Really people? Really? I was making an example on how people shouldn't base their speculation that Fennekin is pat Psychic because it used a colorful swirly move in the trailer. Like I said that could have easily been Growl. I wasn't saying Froakie is a Normal type, I was saying, using the Fennekin "logic" then Froakie must be Normal then and I guess Chespin Dark.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Well Taidow, colourful and swirly is a Paychic-type trademark, whereas last time I checked Growl has never been animated remotely like that, so Psychic seems most likely by far. It's actually quite a believable theory, as is the possibility of Dark-type Chespin evolutions, given that few Pokemon of those types learn those moves without having the dual-type. Hali has already explained why Normal is ridiculous. It may not be right, and certainly nobody's claiming that it is 100% confirmed, but the possibility is there.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:39 pm

ShockBubble wrote:Well Taidow, colourful and swirly is a Paychic-type trademark, whereas last time I checked Growl has never been animated remotely like that, so Psychic seems most likely by far. It's actually quite a believable theory, as is the possibility of Dark-type Chespin evolutions, given that few Pokemon of those types learn those moves without having the dual-type. Hali has already explained why Normal is ridiculous. It may not be right, and certainly nobody's claiming that it is 100% confirmed, but the possibility is there.

Swirly color moves aren't just psychic.
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts Aurora_Beam
Aurora Beam (Fennekin won't get this but was used with the colorful arguement)

Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts Supersonic
Supersonic

Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts Round
Round

Also look at Growl's Stadium 2 aniamtion
Pokemon X and Y: Trailer Analysis and Thoughts 256px-Growl_Stad2
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Aurora Beam is colourful, but it's an exception, being made of colourful light. Growl's animation in Stadium 2 still looks unnatural to me, but that emanation from the mouth is still very different to the trailer. Still, it can't be ruled out.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down