SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee

+5
ShockBubble
Taidow
DarkMarth
ZeldaFan996
Lugia2453
9 posters

Go down

Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  Empty Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee

Post by Lugia2453 Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:41 pm

It seems like people like posting "leaks" of information about the next Super Smash Bros. games, and they've all been fake. The latest one was posted about 2 weeks ago, but I just noticed it today. Apparently, some supposed Namco employee has some early information about the next Super Smash Bros. games, and here it is:

* The Anniversary of Brawl's release in Japan will have a special Nintendo Direct focused on Smash 4. I don't think it will have a trailer included, but I am not sure. From what my friends have speculated, it may just be a retrospective on the Smash Series as a whole with a sliver of new info released.

* Little Mac and Takamaru were two of the first characters chosen for Smash 4, both being classic characters that have since experienced a revival via Punch Out Wii/Nintendo Land and are fan favorites. They also represent West vs. East, which Sakurai is aiming for after the previous series strayed too much towards Eastern characters like Fire Emblem and Mother.

* King K. Rool and Ridley are also two characters that are being given priority as they too have a lot of requests. King K. Rool's design is said to have a new design that Retro contributed to (perhaps a new Donkey Kong Country is on the horizon?), and Ridley will apparently have a style of game-play that involves the evolution seen in Other M.

* Shulk, Dillon, and Ghirahim are currently set to be included, but they haven't been finalized like the four above.

* Platinum Games is interested in including a character, yet nothing has been finalized yet. Will probably be from Wonderful 101, but nothing is decided upon.

* Starship Mario, Giant Chasm (Pokemon BW2), Pushmo Park, and Cookie Country (Kirby) are levels that have been worked on.

* There's a second Yoshi representative who has yet to be introduced and will apparently be appearing in a new game coming out soon that Nintendo asked to be included. The rumored Yoshi Land Wii U? It's apparently Yoshi's new partner another dinosaur character. The name "Debu" has been thrown around, but I'm not sure if that's it's name or a nickname since that just means "fat" in Japanese.

People fall for these rumors all the time, but I'm not falling for this one. The problems I can see with this?

1) Sakurai said he won't be giving information on the next Super Smash Bros. games for a while, and even before that, he mainly kept information from us. When it comes to these leaks, this is one of the biggest problems with them.
2) No Namco employee (or any Nintendo employee, for that matter) would leak information like this.
3) It comes from a GameFAQs user who, at that point, was a new account with less than 3 karma. Plus, there tends to be people there who post information like this for the sake of trolling.

Of course, it could be legit, but I very highly doubt it, considering that the other leaks I've seen were fake. What do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  Empty Re: Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee

Post by ZeldaFan996 Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Nah, not falling for it. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for some legit information on this. Then I'll get excited.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee  Empty Re: Just noticed this so-called "leak" from a supposed Namco employee

Post by DarkMarth Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:35 pm

While I love reading Smash speculations, I am just not buying this one.

It's still a fun rumor that makes you wonder and think of creative possibilities. This is what I especially love about rumors like such. It encourages the gamers to think of creative possibilities that they could share with others.

I dot know, I guess I love rumors because they satisfy my hunger for creativity.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Not falling for it.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 pm

I'd say the content of this is quite reasonable, though likely false.
That said, I would like to point out that among Brawl's many instances of false speculation, there was a correct character list published months before the game's release, so you can't write these off entirely. There is a small chance they might just be right...
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Ugh, the moment I see anything about Ridley being a playable character I know it's fake. C'mon people! Ridley would be a silly inclusion and you know it. And before anybody says, "Well, they could scale him down like they did to Bowser," they really can't. Bowser has been a multitude of sizes over the years, has a humanoid form, and was a lot easier to program a moveset for than it would be for a miniature bird with a tail longer than the bodies of the entire SSB cast. Get some imagination! Ridley (and King K. Rool) just won't happen. Honestly.

And if they do, dredge up this post and I'll eat my words. But they won't. And until then, I'll get unnecessarily annoyed by seeing Ridley's name on speculatory news Smile
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by halibabica Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:55 pm

If they used the size of Ridley from the original Metroid (where it wasn't much bigger than Samus herself), it wouldn't be so implausible at all. Making a move set would be no trouble, either. I'd like to see Ridley playable, but I doubt it'll happen since Sakurai made so many excuses about it in Brawl.
halibabica
halibabica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:05 pm

I knew of that argument too, but it's just very implausible for Ridley to be included. Plus, I'm sure the programmers would beg to differ on how easy it is to program an entirely new moveset for characters, especially one of Ridley's unique stature. There's a reason there are so many character clones in Smash Bros.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Rollupntraff wrote:I knew of that argument too, but it's just very implausible for Ridley to be included. Plus, I'm sure the programmers would beg to differ on how easy it is to program an entirely new moveset for characters, especially one of Ridley's unique stature. There's a reason there are so many character clones in Smash Bros.

Ummm....it wouldn't be that hard. I have a Ridley skin over Charizard, and seriously, if they just removed all the flame effects and replaced the rock move with something else, they would have a good Ridley to put in the game.

Do I really want Ridley to be in the game? No. I think there are better characters, personally. But if the developers wanted to do it, they could.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:38 pm

As a Metroid fan, I would very much like to see Ridely included. A Ridely move set actually wouldn't be too hard though; there's plenty of source material to get moves from, unlike, say, Captain Falcon. Trust me, the inclusion of Ridley would not be a bad thing.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:54 am

speculation and negation--this is a fun rumor but I doubt its existence
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:23 am

ZeldaFan996 wrote:
Ummm....it wouldn't be that hard. I have a Ridley skin over Charizard, and seriously, if they just removed all the flame effects and replaced the rock move with something else, they would have a good Ridley to put in the game.

Do I really want Ridley to be in the game? No. I think there are better characters, personally. But if the developers wanted to do it, they could.

Look man, did I ever say it would be impossible? No. However, I think that the obstacles that would have to be overcome to put him in the game (besides programming) make it highly unlikely that Ridley will make it in. Arguing is pointless though. I guess we'll find out when SSB4 is announced won't we?
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkmetroidomega Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 am

I'm agreeing with Rollupntraff here. I've never been a fan of the idea that Ridley could be a scaled-down model that fits in with the rest of the cast. It's always sounded like a very awkward inclusion to me, and I'd be very skeptical of it even if it were to happen. That's a very thin line to walk.

I kind of wish the Metroid Prime universe wasn't constantly ignored by Smash, either. There's much more potential character/moveset additions there than in the older Metroid games. MP3 and MPH, in particular, had a bigger cast.

I really wouldn't put much stock into this article, but it's interesting to at least see what is at hand. Kid Icarus Uprising presents new stage opportunities, as do a plethora of other games soon to come.

One thing I'm hoping for is some slightly improved stage design in the next game. I don't need every stage to be viable, but Hanenbow was never even a fun stage in theory. =/ Aside from that, some of the stages just felt lackluster in general.
Darkmetroidomega
Darkmetroidomega

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down