SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl

2 posters

Go down

ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl Empty ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl

Post by Lugia2453 Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a rather interesting article I found today - it's 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl, according to the Official Nintendo Magazine website. Among what they mention are better online, friend leagues like the ones used in Mario Kart, and of all things, playing as Master Hand. As interesting of an idea #7 is, it's likely not to happen; the other 6, though, are good ideas that would improve the Wii U's SSB game, particularly #1 - Brawl's online wasn't the best. What are your thoughts?
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl Empty Re: ONM: 7 things that would make the Wii U's Super Smash Bros. game better than Brawl

Post by DuxTape Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:30 pm

1. Better custom stages. A lot more featues, so you can make way more levels. For example, I missed the upside down slopes (Minecraft has then as well now, which I really like). These things, for example: Fire blocks, more textures, more backgrounds, being able to set the spawns yourself, maybe even water, but that's not very likely. This would also be a great candidate for DLC: More music, different textures, nothing really necessary, but things that make the game more fun.
2. Palette Swaps. I've talked about this before, but things like Captain Falcon - Blaziken, Peach in Olympic Suit, Mario - Dr. Mario, Fox - Falco. What I mean is: Different appearance, different sounds, but hitboxes and moves and everything are still the same.
3. Great use of the Wii U Gamepad. The fifth (GamePad) player can be able to drop powerups, control stage features or even bosses in Boss Battle Mode, even if just Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Also the GamePad player could take pictures during the game, so that you don't have to pause.
4. A better way of unlocking characters. One thing that really bugged me about Brawl is how easily you could unlock all characters: You just play Subspace (on Easy Mode) and in a day you have all of them. Yes you could still get characters the "Melee way", but why'd you do that?
5. This one doesn't really count, but I love the way how in Melee, the intro ends with "Super Smash Brothers! MELEE!", right after an epic trailer. Imagine you got SSB4 on launch and you'll get this experiece.
6. Combo's? With that I mean combo's that require skill, not like A-A-A-A-A, but Up-Tilt, FAir, FAir, DAir, Smash, all perfectly timed. This also means: Giving characters a more unique playstyle: Ice Climbers will work together (kind of like in Brawl, but less broken), Meta Knight relies on quick slashes, Jigglypuff fights in the air and Samus' main weapon are projectiles.
7. And a way better online experience.

May add more, but this is what came first to mind.
Let's hope Sakurai is truly going to make the very best game ever.

Update:
8. Great reduce in randomness factor. Luigi's Green Missile is okay (though it got nerfed in Brawl), but really: Crate, Barrel, Capsule, Electrode, Smart Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Party Ball. These are a few of all the items with a deadly randomness factor. Okay, a Crate and Party ball can explode, but Failing Smart Bombs and Golden Hammers go too far. I think it's supposed to be funny when the head falls of the hammer, but no, it just annoying. The worst is still Goldeen (if you want to have a f(l)ailing Pokémon, choose Magikarp). Oops! Compeletely forgot tripping.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down