SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Puzzlandria [VGM] EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Puzzlandria [VGM]

5 posters

Go down

Puzzlandria [VGM] Empty Puzzlandria [VGM]

Post by Darkmetroidomega Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 pm

For those of you who don't follow me on YouTube, I've recently taken up music composition, and have been trying to release a variety of different sounds in an attempt to learn by practice. I started this past June, but have been inactive for quite some time. This month has brought me back to the hobby once more, and will hopefully continue into the future.

Lately, I've been working with Cubase to make some conceptual tracks for a video game project I'm working on (which is why I'm never around here much). The project is code-named "Ponyll", and is still in the pre-pitch phase. I'm hoping to either assemble a team soon or solidify the concept and get an engine working for the gameplay. I'm using Unity Free right now, mainly to allocate funds for other potential expenditures, but it may change depending on how things go. If any of you are interested, I'll make another thread on the subject eventually, when I secure some more details of the game.

For now, here's one of the conceptual pieces of the game (set to a fanmade Metroid Dread image):
Darkmetroidomega
Darkmetroidomega

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Puzzlandria [VGM] Empty Re: Puzzlandria [VGM]

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:14 pm

It sounds kind of like Metroid Prime music, only more old-school. I like it!

Hope the project goes well. Though I don't know much about video game programming myself, I'd be happy to do playtesting, or something along those lines if you need.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:15 am

Ooh, cool. I like the sound of this project (I see what I did there). What are you planning on programming it in?
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:17 am

Sounds really nice, DMO. I agree with ZeldaFan; it reminds me of Metroid Prime in its ambience.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkmetroidomega Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 am

ZeldaFan996 wrote:It sounds kind of like Metroid Prime music, only more old-school. I like it!

Hope the project goes well. Though I don't know much about video game programming myself, I'd be happy to do playtesting, or something along those lines if you need.
Thanks, Zelda! Also, I must confess that I do not have an extended history with many of the fields I have been / will be tackling on this project, so I can't fault anyone else for a lack of experience. I would definitely appreciate QA from you if you'd like, but I don't believe it'll be far enough into development to need a QA team until a long time from now.

Who knows, you might later find yourself with a skill set that lends well to a certain field of video game development. Personally, I'd stick with composing the music, but the decision to be autonomous (and give myself a goal to work for) has driven me to subsequently learn a bit of everything; some programming here, a little art design there, and a whole bunch of marketing in the back. I don't claim to be an expert in any of these topics, and I certainly don't mind others learning along with me. Sometimes that can be half the fun.

Rollupntraff wrote:Ooh, cool. I like the sound of this project (I see what I did there). What are you planning on programming it in?
Oic wat u did thar

At the moment, I'm using the Unity Free Engine to bypass the need to develop an engine for the game. Out of the possible scripting languages it uses (Java, C#, Boo), I've thus far only worked with Javascript. I've heard each language has its own merits which are a point of personal preference, but I'm not given the liberty of choosing freely from them until I have a monumental breakthrough in my understanding of coding languages. That is also the reason as to why I'm searching for tutelage in this field and/or seeing who might be willing to be part of the project.

To be quite honest, the Unity engine is more or less designed for 1st/3rd-person games, so I will definitely have to consider its usefulness should I work on a 2D project. The physics that come with Unity can create a bit of pandemonium with 2D games, so I would have to work on writing scripts to control "pseudo-physics" that disable the default physics.

ShockBubble wrote:Sounds really nice, DMO. I agree with ZeldaFan; it reminds me of Metroid Prime in its ambience.
It certainly has a lot of its ambience in tribute to the work of Yamamoto on the Prime Trilogy. Some odd things are used for the sound effects on there, as well; I was certainly surprised by some of the noises I was creating out of free sound FX such as clapping and the ringing of a telephone. Wink
Darkmetroidomega
Darkmetroidomega

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:20 am

DMO, this is amazing!! Great tune, love it.
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum