SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Ideas for new stages EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Ideas for new stages EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Ideas for new stages EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Ideas for new stages EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Ideas for new stages EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Ideas for new stages EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Ideas for new stages EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Ideas for new stages EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Ideas for new stages EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Ideas for new stages EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Ideas for new stages

+4
Shadowstrike14
ZeldaFan996
DarkMarth
Lugia2453
8 posters

Go down

Ideas for new stages Empty Ideas for new stages

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Post ideas you have for new stages for the next Super Smash Bros. game for the Wii U in this topic.

I'll start with my stage idea for a Starship Mario stage. In case you're not familiar with it, Starship Mario comes from Super Mario Galaxy 2. In this stage, you'll start by fighting on Starship Mario itself. You can fight either on the ship or inside the engine room. As time goes on, you'll be taken to galaxies from the game. Some of them you'll be going to include the following:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - a fairly simple arena which includes flipswitches that work the same way as in the game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - an arena with mainly ice and lava. There are some platforms above which are slippery and can be grabbed and jumped on to from below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Whomp's Fortress from Super Mario 64. It has collapsing platforms, Bullet Bills that appear from time to time to hurt players, and clouds you can jump on to from below.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new stages Empty Re: Ideas for new stages

Post by DarkMarth Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:01 pm

I personally like Lugia's idea. Throw in the gravity (so you can also fight upside down).

I'll edit this post when I have the time. I'll be going out in a new minutes.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:12 pm

That would be INSANE if there was a stage with a switch that controlled the gravity.

I think there should be something from Skyward Sword, although I'm not sure what area would be best. Maybe Skyloft?
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowstrike14 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:26 pm

What about underwater levels?
Something like Water temple from Ocarina of time
Shadowstrike14
Shadowstrike14

Male Posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:15 pm

I had ideas for some series.

Mario Series
===============================================
Comet Observatory
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
One would start on the Observatory. Star Bits would rain down in which players can consume to heal like 2%. Lumas would be in the background cheering for certain players. The Observatory starts off like SMG where only a certain part is lit. Then after a while players would transition to the different recently lit areas. The KO's would take place in random places where black holes pop up.

Grandmaster Galaxy
One would travel through the whole galaxy.
Starting Planet: There are floating platforms instead of the yoshi flowers. There are bombs floating around which cause damage. You fall? It's KO.

Flipswitch Planet: The whole ground is covered with flip-switches. Turn them all yellow to stop the lasers for a short time.

Electric Maze: Here the players would be riding a phew clouds while brawling. Jump from one to another to avoid being shocked and falling below.

Platform Planets: Here the switches flip over as they go with the beat. The players must not be standing on a switch that flips to the other side or they will fall. No circle layers in this area.

Pullstar Area: Here players jump from floating block while avoiding the passing layers. You fall it's a KO.

Hammer Bro. Planets: Here its a basic area with a quite a few floating platforms with Hammer Bros throwing hammers from the background. Each does around 5%.

The Gate Planet: Here is the final planet. Basic Brawling here. The stage starts a new after a while. Like the Comet observatory, Starbits fall here too. Restoring like 2%.

Bowser's Castle
Players would play in the area pictured above with the occasional lava bubble popping up form the lava below or the racers coming from the screen on either side.

Glitz Pit
Basic arena, except if you fall from the arena it counts as a KO. there are trap doors that also count as KOs. A few fighters form the games will try to hurt the players.

Goomba Bros. : They will show up and try to headbonk the players for small damage each.
KP Koopas : Two koopas will slide around hitting players, and the paratroopa will slam into the nearest airborne player.
Spike Storm : A lakitu and two spinies show up. Spinies roll around and hurt you more than the koopas. Lakitu throws even more spinies.
Hand-it-Overs : 4 Bandits that will steal 4 items on the ground.
The Koopinator : A Dark Koopatrol that shows up and does a lot of damage to players if they get poked.
Rawk Hawk : Jumps around and flies into players. Can also shake down a bunch of stage props that rain down on the stage.
The Great Gonzales Jr. : Yup, the green baby yoshi. He shows up rarely, but when he does he can do 4 different things. 1. Chooses the leading player and ground pounds repeatedly on him/her. 2. Gulps a player and tosses him into another player. 3. Throws mini-eggs that shrink the players (like poison mushrooms). 4. Calls over a stampede of grown yoshis across the stage which hurt anyone caught int he stampede.
================================================
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by flamemetal3 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Wow Taidow, those are some amazing ideas.

I say they should have a stage from Donkey Kong Country 3 to use as a forest/river stage, like Mushroom Kingdom II from Melee.

And also a stage from Metroid Prime, the Chozo Ruins. It could be like a battle both outside and inside the stage. The left side is where there would be a roof and walk-off death screen, while the right side would be like the sand outside/or a ledge that is hundreds of feet above ground.
flamemetal3
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Ooh- what with the new Scribblenauts game coming out, I think that that topic would be relevant for a cameo stage in there somewhere. I'd like to see a sort of spiritual succesor to the WaroWare in Brawl, but one where Maxwell (or his evil clone? Twin? Whatever) summons random items from his notebook and they affect the gameplay in positive or negative ways, creating hazards, new platforms, etc. I think there's a strong likelihood of Scribs being in SSBU in some form, maybe an assist trophy (if they bring those back).
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new stages Empty Stages for SSBU

Post by DuxTape Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:47 pm

First, of course there is going to be a new Pokémon Stage.
I'm not hoping for a Pokémon Stadium 3, but rather for something like the Spear Pillar. In the early days of B/W, I was having the idea of having the Illusion Forest (now called Lostlorn Forest) as a part of the game, since Zoroark was kind of the 5th gen rep. It could be nice, but now it appears that Zoroark isn't such a big part of the game as I thought (you can't catch him and he only appears in N's team). Anyway there are lots of more places in-game what could be a potential stage.
Levels such as White Forest, Black City, Chargestone Cave or N's Castle are all good possible stages.

As for Mario Stages, a level for NSMB2 would be cool, with lots of coins and when you have collected a certain amount, something special is going to happen. Golden Bills flying around, leaving coins, pipes spouting out coins, basically anything could happen.

And not to forget, I think Legend of Zelda: The Faces of Evil should get a bit more attention. It's a fun game and it drew a lot of attention towards Nintendo. An idea for such a level could be "The King's Dinner Room", where you are fighting on an enormous dinner table, while Ganon is attacking you. Also, Link is eating Oktoroks.
jk

I think it should be cool to have a "stage feature turn on/off" button in the game, because some people like to ban stages from tournaments for the smallest things. This can prevent problem.

Those are all the ideas I have at the moment and if anyone has a suggestion, I'd like to hear it.

Update:
I had some new ideas for stages and I wanted to share them. I don't know if this thread is totally outdated (sorry if so), but it seems to me that this is a thread that should be accessible anytime.

As a fan of Balloon Fighter, I think it's possible to make a fun and unique stage:
You start off on the a field, it's nighttime, stars in the background. In the middle of the field is a pond, with the Fish from Balloon Fighter (and the IC stage in SSBB) swimming in the middle. Above it is another platform. After a few minutes, clouds will form and the level will autoscroll up, you'll have to continue the battle on those clouds. This rising will go on for quite some time. If you're high enough, you'll be able to see the moon; this is an indicator the clouds will disappear soon. When all the clouds have disappeared, you'll go into a free fall for at least half a minute, and once you reach the ground everything starts over.
The free falling is what makes this stage unique.

Second new stage is based on a minigame in Wii Play and on Duck Hunt, it's called the Target Fields. You're fighting on the fields from the Duck Hunt game, and things like targets, clay disks, coke cans and UFOs will appear. There's also a visor on-screen. This can shoot targets and all other things, like in Wii Play. They can't shoot the players, however, if a player is standing in front of a target, they can get hit. Once the shooter reaches and X amount of points, something like extra items will appear on the field.
The unique feature about this stage is that a GamePad user can actually control the visor and shoot targets.

The last stage I'd like to see in SSB4 is the Labyrinth of Deceit from Kid Icarus: Uprising. You start off in the Labyrinth on a platform similar to the SMS stage in SSBB, except the platforms slowly and constantly move, changing the battlefield a lot. After a while, the Labyrinth will make an illusion and you'll end up (seemingly) in the Underworld, in a forest world or in the Aurum Hive.
This is how one stage covers a big part of the new Kid Icarus game (note that I did not include Skyworld, because that's a stage I'd like to see returning into SSB4).
What's also fun is that Pit can communicate with the Gods in the places, just like what Fox, Falco, Wolf and Snake also can do. In the Labyrinth he can have a conversation with Pandora, in the Underworld he can talk to Thanatos, in the forest world he can talk to Viridi and in the Aurum Hive he talks with Pyrrhon.

Last edited by PhoenixTear on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More ideas to be added to the list.)

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down