SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
New Year's Resolutions EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
New Year's Resolutions EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
New Year's Resolutions EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
New Year's Resolutions EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
New Year's Resolutions EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
New Year's Resolutions EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
New Year's Resolutions EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
New Year's Resolutions EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
New Year's Resolutions EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
New Year's Resolutions EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New Year's Resolutions

+3
DarkMarth
halibabica
Rollupntraff
7 posters

Go down

New Year's Resolutions Empty New Year's Resolutions

Post by Rollupntraff Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:12 pm

We're on the cusp of a new year, friends! I'd like to find out what resolutions you all have made for 2013, specifically gaming related. Things like games you're planning to buy/finish, consoles you're going to get, events/conferences you want to/will go to, etc. Let's set some goals, people!

For me, I plan on finally beating Majora's Mask. Years ago, I was well on my way to conquering the Zora's Temple, when I was waylaid by that weird fuzzy eyeball miniboss, and got so frustrated when it trounced me that I put down the controller and never played it again. Talk about a rage quit. But a week or so ago, I dusted off the 64, found that beautiful gold cartridge and booted it up again. I started a new save, became a Deku Kid, and now have the task of saving Termina before 2014. Tough job, I know, but I believe I can do it.

But enough about me. What have you guys resolved to do?
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

New Year's Resolutions Empty Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by halibabica Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Funny enough, I'm actually playing Majora's Mask with my cousin right now (she watches). We're at the point where we could beat the game, but I want to finish with all 20 masks to get the Fierce Deity mask for the final battle. I'm kinda proud how much I've managed to do without a guide, but I'm gonna have to look it up for the Couple's Mask. For difficulty and story-telling reasons.

My new year's resolution is to get back on track with my projects. I have a lot of comics I've been meaning to write, games I've been meaning to make, and games I've been meaning to play. It's hard to juggle so many hobbies at once...hence my determination to get them all under control.
halibabica
halibabica

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:27 pm

halibabica wrote:Funny enough, I'm actually playing Majora's Mask with my cousin right now (she watches). We're at the point where we could beat the game, but I want to finish with all 20 masks to get the Fierce Deity mask for the final battle. I'm kinda proud how much I've managed to do without a guide, but I'm gonna have to look it up for the Couple's Mask. For difficulty and story-telling reasons.

My new year's resolution is to get back on track with my projects. I have a lot of comics I've been meaning to write, games I've been meaning to make, and games I've been meaning to play. It's hard to juggle so many hobbies at once...hence my determination to get them all under control.

You make games?

Anyways, my new year's resolution is to (finally) learn iOS programming. In, plain English, that means writing apps for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Other resolutions include finally completing Mario Kart 7 and forming a competitive team in pokemon black 2 version. But I just got it recently, so it will be a while.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halibabica Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:39 pm

DarkMarth wrote:You make games?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Some are better than others. Some are barely worth a mention. |:I
halibabica
halibabica

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockBubble Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 pm

My resolution?
Not to make a silly resolution I won't be able to stick to.
ShockBubble
ShockBubble

Male Posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:26 am

halibabica wrote:
DarkMarth wrote:You make games?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Some are better than others. Some are barely worth a mention. |:I

Oh, that's neat. Looks like I'm not the only tech savvy in here after all, lol. Though I specialize on Cocoa (Mac/iOS) programming as opposed to scripting. I do know a bit of JS. But sadly, poor HTML, for today's standards.

If you like, why not share some of your creations with the community on our user-created games forum? I know its probably not what Lugia intended it to be. But its user created nonetheless.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:39 am

DarkMarth wrote:
If you like, why not share some of your creations with the community on our user-created games forum? I know its probably not what Lugia intended it to be. But its user created nonetheless.

That's not what I intended the forum to be about. The forum is supposed to be for forum games created by users that others can participate in. If hali wants to share his games, he can do it at Game Discussion.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:47 am

Lugia2453 wrote:
DarkMarth wrote:

That's not what I intended the forum to be about. The forum is supposed to be for forum games created by users that others can participate in. If hali wants to share his games, he can do it at Game Discussion.
Alright!
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Nope, no new years resolutions for me. I don't like to be tied down by resolutions that I'll probably regret later.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollupntraff Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:50 am

ZeldaFan996 wrote:Nope, no new years resolutions for me. I don't like to be tied down by resolutions that I'll probably regret later.

Well, the tradition of making New Year's resolutions is mostly just for... making a New Year's resolution, not for actually following through with it. It's not a contract signed in blood saying you have to do whatever you resolved to do or die, it's just for fun.

And what could be more fun than wanting to finish a Zelda game? I hope I don't regret it later, though if the ending is awful I probably will Razz I think for another resolution I'll make a long-term goal of getting into E3.
Rollupntraff
Rollupntraff

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 am

Rollupntraff wrote:
ZeldaFan996 wrote:Nope, no new years resolutions for me. I don't like to be tied down by resolutions that I'll probably regret later.

Well, the tradition of making New Year's resolutions is mostly just for... making a New Year's resolution, not for actually following through with it. It's not a contract signed in blood saying you have to do whatever you resolved to do or die, it's just for fun.

And what could be more fun than wanting to finish a Zelda game? I hope I don't regret it later, though if the ending is awful I probably will Razz I think for another resolution I'll make a long-term goal of getting into E3.

Well, remember, you only have three days to save Termina in, so you'd better get it done before 2014. Razz

That reminds me.....I need to get back to playing Wind Waker. That's the only 3D Zelda game I haven't beaten yet. I've been distracted by the Wii U, but now that the novelty is wearing off, I think I'll start playing Wind Waker again.

See, there, now I have a New Year's resolution too!
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:04 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:
Rollupntraff wrote:

Well, remember, you only have three days to save Termina in, so you'd better get it done before 2014. Razz

That reminds me.....I need to get back to playing Wind Waker. That's the only 3D Zelda game I haven't beaten yet. I've been distracted by the Wii U, but now that the novelty is wearing off, I think I'll start playing Wind Waker again.

See, there, now I have a New Year's resolution too!

Congrats Smile
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 am

I don't liek to make promises I don't intend to keep so no Resolutions for me.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down