SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon...

3 posters

Go down

I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... Empty I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon...

Post by Lugia2453 Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:18 pm

So I've been visiting Super Smash Bros. World again recently, and I found that you can't go to the pages of any stages anymore. In fact, you can't even go to the Stages section. If you try to go to any of these pages, you simply get redirected back to the home page. I doubt IGN will try to fix this problem, so I don't think we can expect Super Smash Bros. World to come back any time soon, as some users here theorized might happen when the next Super Smash Bros. games were announced. I don't care to contact IGN about this, since I don't think they care about the site anymore. As for the possibility of a new site, I don't expect that to happen, since the reason that Super Smash Bros. World was closed down in the first place was because they wanted more hits to the main page. Did anyone else notice this?
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... Empty Re: I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon...

Post by DarkMarth Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:53 pm

I realized that, too. Hmm! If a new website were to be created, I'd imagine it be by someone else. It does not seem like IGN is interested in fixing these issues, like you mentioned. 

How many of you guys are interesting in building a new site, or at least try to?  

Even so, that is a big job.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706

https://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon... Empty Re: I don't think we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros. World back anytime soon...

Post by ZeldaFan996 Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Well, crud, and I was just mustering up the willpower to complete the stage archive....glad I got my own stages when I did though.

DarkMarth, have you taken a look at the mock-site I made?  Its very rough, but I think it gives a general idea of what we'd like.  If you don't like it, I think we definitely have a good enough site here to make do.  Again, I still think a couple things need touched up, but we could definitely make this work.

Also, anyone else notice that AiB has been down for quite a while?  Previously, it used to be just us at IGN, Smash Boards, and AiB, but now that AiB is gone, the only other really big Smash Bros. site is Smash Boards.  Which gives us a pretty good shot going into the release of Smash 4.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:24 am

ZeldaFan996 wrote:Well, crud, and I was just mustering up the willpower to complete the stage archive....glad I got my own stages when I did though.

DarkMarth, have you taken a look at the mock-site I made?  Its very rough, but I think it gives a general idea of what we'd like.  If you don't like it, I think we definitely have a good enough site here to make do.  Again, I still think a couple things need touched up, but we could definitely make this work.

Also, anyone else notice that AiB has been down for quite a while?  Previously, it used to be just us at IGN, Smash Boards, and AiB, but now that AiB is gone, the only other really big Smash Bros. site is Smash Boards.  Which gives us a pretty good shot going into the release of Smash 4.
Oh, no. I have not yet seen the mock site. Where is it? 

But, regarding AiB. It is being attacked by what's known as a Denial of Service (DoS). In the most simplistic non-technical terms, there is a program, created by someone wanting to disrupt the site, that is causing the servers to overload and crash.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:37 am

It's in the staff meetings and discussion thread.  You need to load it in Visual Basic, which I'm pretty sure is a free Microsoft download.
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMarth Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:00 am

ZeldaFan996 wrote:It's in the staff meetings and discussion thread.  You need to load it in Visual Basic, which I'm pretty sure is a free Microsoft download.
Alright! I'll check it out.
DarkMarth
DarkMarth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down