SmashWorldCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The New Site (2/28 - 3/07)
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am by ShockBubble

» Community Migration!
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm by DuxTape

» Possible new site. Should we migrate?
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm by Rollupntraff

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 28th
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm by Lugia2453

» Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shutting down on May 20th
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am by halibabica

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 27th
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm by Taidow

» Nintendo Download - 2/27/14
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am by Lugia2453

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 25th
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm by ZeldaFan996

» New Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS screenshot - February 26th
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm by DuxTape

» Wii U/3DS eShop sales - February 25th
Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am by Lugia2453

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups)

+3
DuxTape
ZeldaFan996
Lugia2453
7 posters

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) Empty Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups)

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Welcome to the first game of the User-created Games sub-forum! My game is an online version of America’s most popular game show – Wheel of Fortune. If you want to play, be sure that you can adhere to deadlines and that you can be on the forum every day for it, since my deadlines are strict, and there are penalties for missing deadlines (done so that the game can move along). Before joining, be sure that you read the rules.

Overview

My game will play the same as the TV version of Wheel of Fortune, although there will be differences – hence, why my topic name is “Lugia’s Wheel of Fortune”.

Player positions will be determined by when you sign up. The first player to sign up is red, the second is yellow, and the third is blue. It's a first come, first serve basis - the first three players to sign up will get to play.

For every puzzle, a blank puzzle and a category will be revealed. If there is punctuation, it will be revealed at the outset.

Rules

A) Toss-up Rounds

The game will start with a toss-up round worth $2,000 and control of Round 1. At the start, a partially-filled puzzle will be shown, and you’ll have 24 hours to solve it. No spinning is involved; all you have to do is give an answer. The first player to post with a correct answer will get control of Round 1. If you give an incorrect answer, you’re locked out of the toss-up – only the remaining players may give an answer. If nobody gives an answer after 24 hours or everyone passes, more of the puzzle will be revealed. If nobody solves after 48 hours or everyone passes again, another bit of the puzzle will be revealed. If after 72 hours, nobody has given an answer, nobody wins. In the event that this happens, the player in the red position will go first. I'll also add more letters if an incorrect answer is given.

Another toss-up will be played before Round 4 for $3,000 and control of that round.

B) Main Game

In the main game, a blank puzzle will be shown. The player who goes first in Round 1 is the one who won the toss-up (if nobody won it, the red player goes first). You will say to spin the wheel, and what happens is determined by the result of the spin.

I) Cash amount: You’ll give me a consonant (Y is counted as a consonant). If your given letter is in the puzzle, all instances of it will be revealed, and the amount multiplied by the occurrence of letter in the puzzle will be added to your total (for example, if you land on $500, and there are 3 of your given letter in the puzzle, you’ll get $1,500). If there is none of your given letter in the puzzle or you call a letter that was already called earlier in the round, control passes to the next player. Top dollar values are as follows:

Round 1: $2,500

Round 2: $3,500

Round 3: $4,000

Round 4: $5,000

II) Prize: In Round 2, a prize will be added to the wheel. If you land on it and give a correct letter, the prize will be added to your bank, and you’ll get $500 for each occurrence of your letter. If you win the round with the prize in your possession, you’ll win the prize. Should you claim the prize, but not win it, it’ll be added back to the wheel for the next round. The Surprise works similarly, but it is on the wheel from Round 1, and the prize won’t be revealed unless you claim it and win the round. If the Round 2 prize and/or Surprise is/are claimed before Round 5, another prize will be added for the upcoming round (either round 3 or 4).

III) Lose a Turn: You lose your turn.

IV) Bankrupt: You lose your turn and any cash and/or prizes you have.

V) Million Dollar Wedge: A wedge with 1/3 Bankrupts on the left and right sides and a $1 Million slice in the middle. If you land on the $1 Million slice on the middle and call a correct consonant, you add it to your bank, and you can keep it if you win the round. Like the prizes, if it is claimed but not won, it will be added back to the wheel for the next round. If you win the game with it in your possession (you lose it if you hit Bankrupt), you have a chance to play for $1,000,000 in the Bonus Round. Taken off the wheel after Round 3.

VI) Free Play: You can call a consonant for $500, call a vowel for free, or solve the puzzle. There is no penalty if you give a wrong letter or answer; you will keep your turn rather than play passing to the next player.

VII) Wild Card: If you have this token in your possession, after calling a correct consonant, you can turn the token in to call another consonant. If you win the game with this token in your possession, you can call a fourth consonant in the Bonus Round. Unlike on the TV version of the show, on my version, it will not be lost if you land on Bankrupt with it in your possession. Landing on the wedge and calling a correct consonant also gives you $500 per occurrence of your letter.

C) Round-specific Wedges:

I) Jackpot Wedge: Played in Round 1. It starts at $5,000, and increases by the amount of each spin, regardless of whether or not the letter you give is in the puzzle or not. The Free Play increases it by $500, regardless of whether you call a consonant or a vowel. In order to win it, you have to land on it, call a correct consonant, and solve the puzzle right after. If you solve the puzzle, the amount in the Jackpot is added to your total for the round. Landing on the wedge gives you $500 per occurrence of your letter, and adds $500 to the Jackpot.

II) Mystery Wedge: Played in Round 2. In this round, 2 Mystery wedges are placed on the wheel. If you land on it and call a correct consonant, you can either take $1,000 per occurrence of your letter, or risk what’s in your bank to see what’s behind the wedge you landed on. One of the wedges has a Bankrupt, while the other has a car. If you flip the car, you have to solve the puzzle without hitting Bankrupt to win it. After one of the wedges is flipped, the other becomes a regular $1,000 space.

III) Express Wedge: Played in Round 3. If you land on this wedge and call a correct consonant, you get $1,000 per occurrence of your letter. You can then choose to either continue playing as normal, or "hop aboard the Express," where you can choose letters without spinning the wheel. Consonants are $1,000 per correct choice, while vowels cost $500 like normal. If you decide to "hop aboard the Express," you stay in Express mode until you choose a letter not in the puzzle or decide to solve the puzzle, the former of which acts as a Bankrupt. Calling a letter that was already called, taking too long to make a decision, or solving the puzzle incorrectly will also act as a Bankrupt.

IV) $10,000 Wedge: Played in Round 4, and replaces the Million Dollar Wedge if it wasn’t claimed. It has the same structure as the Million Dollar Wedge (1/3 Bankrupts on the left and right sides and a $10,000 slice in the middle). If you claim this wedge by calling a correct consonant and win the round, $10,000 will be added to your total for the round. The $10,000 is treated as a prize, and cannot be spent on vowels.

Once you’ve chosen a correct consonant, you may spin again, buy a vowel for $500 (a flat rate), or solve the puzzle. If you decide to solve the puzzle, you must solve it exactly as the puzzle is given, punctuation and all. Solves will be ruled incorrect if you misspell the solution, add or subtract words, or add or subtract punctuation. You do not have to add the slashes; the slashes are only for indicating spaces in the puzzles.

If you call a vowel after spinning, or call a consonant when you decide to buy a vowel, you will lose your turn (if you do the latter, you'll also lose $500).

D) Speed-up Round

In Round 5, the speed-up round will be played. Any remaining prize wedges and one of the Bankrupts will be removed, and I will give the wheel one last spin. What the wheel lands on plus $1,000 is the value of each consonant. In this round, vowels are worth nothing. If the wheel lands on Bankrupt, Lose a Turn, or Free Play, it will be spun again.

In this round, you may call any letter. If the letter you choose is in the puzzle, you have 48 hours to solve the puzzle. If you pass or do not post after 48 hours, play goes to the next player.

After this puzzle is solved, the player with the most money in cash and prizes moves on to the Bonus Round. If there is a tie for first place, a tie-breaker toss-up with no cash value will be played between the tied players to determine who goes on to the Bonus Round.

E) Bonus Round

You will spin a 24-space Bonus Wheel, and you will play for whatever is in the envelope you land on. A blank puzzle and a category will be given, along with all instances of the letters R, S, T, L, N, and E. After that, you will be asked for 3 more consonants (4 if you have the Wild Card) and one more vowel.
After you give your letters, all instances, if any, will be revealed of your given letters, and you’ll have 48 hours to solve the puzzle. If you solve the puzzle within 48 hours, you will win whatever is in the envelope you landed on.

Prizes are a car, another prize that varies by game, $30,000, $35,000, $40,000, $45,000, $50,000, $55,000, $60,000, $75,000, and $100,000. If you carry the Million Dollar Wedge to the Bonus Round, one of the $30,000 envelopes will be replaced by a $1,000,000 envelope.

F) Bonus Categories

Some categories will come with a bonus opportunity where you have a chance to win more money after the puzzle is solved. What the bonus is varies by category, and if there's a bonus opportunity, I'll explain about it at the beginning of the round. If you are successful with the bonus, you'll win an extra $3,000 which is added to your score for the round.

Smash Points

The Smash Points distribution is as follows:
*Everyone gets 5 points for participating (you'll get this if you participate, but don't win).
*You get 10 points for winning the game.
*You'll get 15 points if you win the game and win the Bonus Round.
*You'll get 20 points if you win the game and win the $100,000 in the Bonus Round.
*You'll get 25 points if you win the game and win the million in the Bonus Round.

Notes

I) All deadlines are 48 hours. If you miss a deadline, you will be given a strike which comes with penalties, except in a toss-up puzzle, after solving a puzzle that comes with a "bonus" attached, the speed-up round after calling a correct letter, or the Bonus Round. Penalties are as follows:

IA) Strike 1: You lose your turn.

IB) Strike 2: You’re out of the current round.

IC) Strike 3: You’re out of the game.

If you get three strikes, the match will go on with the remaining players. If only one player remains, he or she plays against the house.

II) No editing your posts after making them. If you edit your post, and me or another poster catches it, you will get a strike, and if you made a guess, the guess will be counted as incorrect.

III) Below the puzzle will be a used letter board, telling which letters have been used and which ones you can still call. If you call a letter that was already called, you lose your turn, unless you landed on Free Play. You’ll be told when there are only vowels or only consonants remaining in the puzzle.

IV) Please don’t cheat (e.g. looking for help online for a puzzle). For my and the other players’ sakes, play fairly. Play it as though you were an actual contestant on the TV version of Wheel of Fortune.

Leaderboard:
*ZeldaFan996: 3 games, $97,600
*Jazz_Duo: 3 games, $95,049
*Taidow: 3 games, $83,280
*DarkMarth: 1 1/2 games, $32,255
*DuxTape: 1 game, $500

Last edited by Lugia2453 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 157 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed a mathematical error)
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384

Back to top Go down

Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) Empty Re: Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups)

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:30 pm

*Raises both hands*

Ooh, ooh, pick me! I'll do it!

cheers

A couple questions though. First, are the words and phrases video game related, or will they be anything you can think of? Second, I doubt you have thousands of dollars on hand, so will there be any tangible prizes to the winner? Oh yeah, and what do you mean by 'spin the wheel'?
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups) Empty Re: Lugia's Wheel of Fortune (Game 5 - Sign-ups)

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm

The puzzles will be anything I can think of. This forum isn't just for video game-related forum games; the forum games can be about anything. When I say spin the wheel, I mean that you'll say that you want to spin, and I'll do something I'm keeping a secret to determine where you land on.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaFan996 Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Gotcha. I'll do it!
ZeldaFan996
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:14 pm

I would like to join, but I don't quite get it so it's better if I just watch for the first game, if that's possible. But if it's actually easier than I imagine, I'd like to join right now.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:26 pm

It's an easy game that you'll understand as we play, so you're in. The core of the game is basically hangman, but with a giant wheel with dollar amounts, prizes, and penalty spaces. If you want to see what the game is like, since my game is based on a game show, I'd search "Wheel of Fortune" on YouTube; there are a lot of videos there. In fact, you can start here. My version of the game has a lot of different elements and changes, but it's the same core game. You can also read its Wikipedia article.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Gotcha! I'll do it!

DuxTape

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:42 pm

I'll be blue. Not sure I get it completely but I'll figure it out along the way.
Taidow
Taidow

Male Posts : 670

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 pm

You got it. Well, we have all three players for the game. I'll start it in a little bit. Taidow, if you don't get it completely, you should watch the video I gave PhoenixTear (an episode of the actual show).
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Okay, let's get the game started!

(1997 Changing Keys plays) From the Sony Pictures Studio, it's America's Game!

Audience: WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!

And now, here's your host, Lugia2453!

Thanks everyone! Welcome to my version of Wheel of Fortune, the first game in the Member-created Games forum. We'll get spinning in a bit, but first, we're going to do a toss-up to determine control of Round 1. It's worth $2,000, and the category is Thing.

(Category bells)

_ R _ _ S U _ _ / _ H E _ _
THING

Post when you think you know the answer. First player to post with the correct answer gets $2,000 and control of Round 1. If nobody posts in 24 hours, I'll add more letters.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:01 pm

My answer is TREASURE CHEST.

Hope it's right.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Yes!

T R E A S U R E / C H E S T

(Current toss-up solve cue)

Okay Taidow, you've won $2,000 and the right to start Round 1. Top dollar value for this round is $2,500, and our first puzzle is a Phrase.

(Category bells)

_ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _
PHRASE

I assume you'll spin, but you can solve right now. Tell me what you'll do. Remember, you have 24 hours to make a decision.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Yeah spin.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:13 pm

> $850

> $1000

> $600

Good start, Taidow! One thousand dollars. What letter (remember, call a consonant. Y is counted as one) would you like?

By the way, the amount in bold is what you landed on. The others are the nearby spaces.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm

N.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:20 pm

1 N.

*ding*

_ _ _ / _ N _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _
PHRASE

A B C D E F G H I J K L M _ O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

ZeldaFan: $0
DuxTape: $0
Taidow: $1,000

You have $1,000. Spin, buy a vowel (remember, it's a $500 flat rate to do so), or solve? Also note the used letter board below the puzzle. Blanks indicate letters that have already been called.

Last edited by Lugia2453 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing all instances of PhoenixTear to DuxTape to reflect name change)
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I'll spin again.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 pm

> $600

> $300

> WILD CARD

$300.
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm

D.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

1 D.

_ _ _ / _ N D / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _
PHRASE

A B C _ E F G H I J K L M _ O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

*ding*

Taidow: $1,300

Same options apply.

Last edited by Lugia2453 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changing all instances of PhoenixTear to DuxTape to reflect name change)
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 pm

I'd like to buy an A.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Good buy - 3 A's.

*ding* *ding* *ding*

A _ _ / A N D / _ _ / _ _ A _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _
PHRASE

_ B C _ E F G H I J K L M _ O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Taidow: $800

That brings you down to $800.

Last edited by Lugia2453 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing all instances of PhoenixTear to DuxTape to reflect name change)
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxTape Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Ehm Lugia, in your second last post you switched the O and E in my name. Not a big deal, just letting you know.

Which brings me to another point, which is if I can change my name. I wouldn't mind if it's not possible, but I chose it when I was in a hurry and I should have changed it when we moved to this site, but I'm just interested if it's still possible.

And last question: Are we able to guess the answer now? Not that I know it (yet), but I'm trying to get the hang of the game.

DuxTape

Back to top Go down

Post by Lugia2453 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 pm

PhoenixTear wrote:Ehm Lugia, in your second last post you switched the O and E in my name. Not a big deal, just letting you know.

Which brings me to another point, which is if I can change my name. I wouldn't mind if it's not possible, but I chose it when I was in a hurry and I should have changed it when we moved to this site, but I'm just interested if it's still possible.

And last question: Are we able to guess the answer now? Not that I know it (yet), but I'm trying to get the hang of the game.

I'm aware of that, which is why I fixed it. I don't believe you can change it, although I'm not sure of that. As for the puzzle, you can do so anytime after guessing a correct letter or gaining control after another player loses their turn. You can even solve without spinning at all at the beginning of the round (i.e. solving the puzzle with no letters on the board), which is why I asked Taidow if he wanted to spin or solve at the start of the round. Only the player in control can solve, so you can't say the answer if it's not your turn.

Last edited by Lugia2453 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lugia2453
Lugia2453
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taidow Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:49 pm

I'd like to buy O.
Taidow
Taidow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next