Latest topics
December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Go down

Will you be preordering the Wii U?

27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
64% 64% 
[ 7 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 11

Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by DarkMarth on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Welcome to this week's community poll. Every week, Lugia and I will be posting a poll regarding a variety of topics, just like we did back at SBW. Today, to get things rolling, I want to know if you plan to preorder the Wii U system or just get it when it is released.

Personally, I think it is best I wait for more games to come out before buying the system. But what about you?


Last edited by DarkMarth on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
DarkMarth
Admin

Male Posts : 706
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 24
Location : Luigi's Mansion

http://smashworldcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Lugia2453 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:36 pm

I don't know yet. It depends on the price and what games will be available at launch.
avatar
Lugia2453
Admin

Male Posts : 1384
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by ZeldaFan996 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Dunno. I really want an Ouya when it comes out though.....
avatar
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 22
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Rollupntraff on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:Dunno. I really want an Ouya when it comes out though.....

The Ouya does look interesting, but to me it seems little more than a novelty, a flash in the pan, as it were. It's gotten extensive funding, and some pretty good developers have been attracted to it, but I fear it won't have as great an impact as is forecasted. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one either, but I wouldn't bet on it's longevity as a viable platform. The ability to mod the heck out of it is pretty nice, though.

And as for this poll- I usually wait for games I want to come out before I buy the console, except in the case of the Kinect, so I'll probably do the same with the Wii U. It's the smart thing to do, because otherwise you'll end up buying not-so-good games to fill in the gap while you wait for the ones you want.
avatar
Rollupntraff

Posts : 127
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Weyard

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Taidow on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Yes! I will preorder as soon as I can.

As you can see form my signature, I don't have a wii, and the Wii U looks great.

I'm pretty sure Pikmin 3 will be a launch title. That is the only game I'll need for a while. So other launch titles don't matter to me.
avatar
Taidow

Male Posts : 670
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by ZeldaFan996 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Rollupntraff wrote:
ZeldaFan996 wrote:Dunno. I really want an Ouya when it comes out though.....

The Ouya does look interesting, but to me it seems little more than a novelty, a flash in the pan, as it were. It's gotten extensive funding, and some pretty good developers have been attracted to it, but I fear it won't have as great an impact as is forecasted. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one either, but I wouldn't bet on it's longevity as a viable platform. The ability to mod the heck out of it is pretty nice, though.

I don't want to start a whole new discussion, but I am wondering, why do you not think that the Ouya has the pontential to change the game industry? The basic idea of it is to merge the hardcore (console) gamers with the casual (iPod, Android, etc.), as well as making the games much less expensive for the consumer. As much as I don't like digital downloads, they are becoming more and more popular, so I think the Ouya is a great idea in that regard.
avatar
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 22
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by flamemetal3 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Well I voted yes, I'll pre-order it, but I'll most likely just be getting one on the first day it comes out. The challenge of not pre-ordering one is going to be tough, but fun. Razz
avatar
flamemetal3

Male Posts : 125
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 26
Location : Bakersfield, CA

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Rollupntraff on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:38 am

ZeldaFan996 wrote:
Rollupntraff wrote:
ZeldaFan996 wrote:Dunno. I really want an Ouya when it comes out though.....

The Ouya does look interesting, but to me it seems little more than a novelty, a flash in the pan, as it were. It's gotten extensive funding, and some pretty good developers have been attracted to it, but I fear it won't have as great an impact as is forecasted. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one either, but I wouldn't bet on it's longevity as a viable platform. The ability to mod the heck out of it is pretty nice, though.

I don't want to start a whole new discussion, but I am wondering, why do you not think that the Ouya has the pontential to change the game industry? The basic idea of it is to merge the hardcore (console) gamers with the casual (iPod, Android, etc.), as well as making the games much less expensive for the consumer. As much as I don't like digital downloads, they are becoming more and more popular, so I think the Ouya is a great idea in that regard.

Oh, you misunderstand me- I believe that Ouya has great potential, but I think that the consumers backing this project have a chance to be quite disappointed. As with every venture into unknown territory (we'll just say unknown to avoid semantic arguments, Ouya is different from anything gone before) the market and response is fickle and quite unpredictable. It seems popular and well-funded now, but say the company behind it is mis-managed, or somehow else fails to deliver what they've promised. Kickstarter programs on this scale make me a little leery- if the idea was that fantastic, there are plenty of billion-dollar companies to pitch the idea to, instead of funding via donation.

That aside, if it works out, it would be revolutionary. The open-source factor alone is unprecedented, and the cheap price will make it a good alternative to the "real" consoles or a PC. No one would be more happy than I if it does work, but the odds (IMO) aren't in its favor to be a long-lasting competitor for our dollars...
avatar
Rollupntraff

Posts : 127
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Weyard

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by DuxTape on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:07 am

I'm going to wait for SSB4 to come out, because hopefully it will come together with a discount and SSB4 is really the first game I WOULD buy.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 22
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by ZeldaFan996 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Well guys, after much searching, I was able to snag a Wii U console. Since it's so late in the pre-orders already, I was only able to get the basic white package. But still, I'm pretty psyched that I'm going to get one at launch day (or soon thereafter). afro
avatar
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 22
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by DuxTape on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm

ZeldaFan996 wrote:Well guys, after much searching, I was able to snag a Wii U console. Since it's so late in the pre-orders already, I was only able to get the basic white package. But still, I'm pretty psyched that I'm going to get one at launch day (or soon thereafter). afro

Which games do you get with it?

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 22
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by ZeldaFan996 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 pm

PhoenixTear wrote:
ZeldaFan996 wrote:Well guys, after much searching, I was able to snag a Wii U console. Since it's so late in the pre-orders already, I was only able to get the basic white package. But still, I'm pretty psyched that I'm going to get one at launch day (or soon thereafter). afro

Which games do you get with it?

None, so far. I plan on going to the stores when the Wii U arrives, and decide which games I'll get from there. That way, I'll be able to get anything else if I need it.

Which games do I plan on getting? The one's I'd personally like are New Super Mario Bros. U, Asassin's Creed III, and Black Ops 2. I'd also like to get Pikmin 3 when it comes out, but it's looking like it'll be more of a 2013 release now.
avatar
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 22
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Rollupntraff on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 am

Wow, you're gonna be shelling out some serious cash, Zeldy. Me,I'd like to have a Wii U, but I'll stick with my 360 until it eventually dies. I'm thinking I'll get a Wii U after that, since it's getting all (at least most) of the good third-party games, which is why I got an Xbox in the first place, to complement my Wii. Nintendo really is second to none when it comes to exclusives for its consoles, but it's been lacking the great games on other platforms for so long. Still, I guess those first-party games are why I've been such a Ninty fanboy for so long, haha, so I guess it's been worth it.
avatar
Rollupntraff

Posts : 127
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Weyard

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by DuxTape on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:26 am

Rollupntraff wrote:Wow, you're gonna be shelling out some serious cash, Zeldy. Me,I'd like to have a Wii U, but I'll stick with my 360 until it eventually dies. I'm thinking I'll get a Wii U after that, since it's getting all (at least most) of the good third-party games, which is why I got an Xbox in the first place, to complement my Wii. Nintendo really is second to none when it comes to exclusives for its consoles, but it's been lacking the great games on other platforms for so long. Still, I guess those first-party games are why I've been such a Ninty fanboy for so long, haha, so I guess it's been worth it.

I've never seen how someone can make his console "die". You either need to be very incautious or you mean something like "out of memory".
Personally I've never had any "dead" consoles. My DS's buttons are kind of difficult to press, the L button broke and there are some scratches on the touchscreen, but all in all it's still useable for at least 2 years.

DuxTape

Male Posts : 350
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 22
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by ZeldaFan996 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 am

Rollupntraff wrote:Wow, you're gonna be shelling out some serious cash, Zeldy. Me,I'd like to have a Wii U, but I'll stick with my 360 until it eventually dies. I'm thinking I'll get a Wii U after that, since it's getting all (at least most) of the good third-party games, which is why I got an Xbox in the first place, to complement my Wii. Nintendo really is second to none when it comes to exclusives for its consoles, but it's been lacking the great games on other platforms for so long. Still, I guess those first-party games are why I've been such a Ninty fanboy for so long, haha, so I guess it's been worth it.

Yep. But it's worth it. Very Happy

Actually, I was planning on getting a new console anyway. I was going to get a 360, but then I decided that since it only has about one year or so left of life, and since it is the same price as the Wii U, I'd be better off going with the Wii U.
avatar
ZeldaFan996

Male Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 22
Location : SoCal

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Taidow on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:19 pm

PhoenixTear wrote:
Rollupntraff wrote:Wow, you're gonna be shelling out some serious cash, Zeldy. Me,I'd like to have a Wii U, but I'll stick with my 360 until it eventually dies. I'm thinking I'll get a Wii U after that, since it's getting all (at least most) of the good third-party games, which is why I got an Xbox in the first place, to complement my Wii. Nintendo really is second to none when it comes to exclusives for its consoles, but it's been lacking the great games on other platforms for so long. Still, I guess those first-party games are why I've been such a Ninty fanboy for so long, haha, so I guess it's been worth it.

I've never seen how someone can make his console "die". You either need to be very incautious or you mean something like "out of memory".
Personally I've never had any "dead" consoles. My DS's buttons are kind of difficult to press, the L button broke and there are some scratches on the touchscreen, but all in all it's still useable for at least 2 years.

My Wii overheated during a 100+ degree day this summer. Fried the graphics I guess because it turns on but black screen.
avatar
Taidow

Male Posts : 670
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Rollupntraff on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 pm

PhoenixTear wrote:I've never seen how someone can make his console "die". You either need to be very incautious or you mean something like "out of memory".
Personally I've never had any "dead" consoles. My DS's buttons are kind of difficult to press, the L button broke and there are some scratches on the touchscreen, but all in all it's still useable for at least 2 years.

To say a console has died is common parlance meaning it has become obsolete, defunct, or otherwise rendered useless. As Zeldy said, the 360 is due for a brother anytime, and once no new games are being made for it, there isn't much point to having it, unless you really like playing classic games that you don't have access to elsewhere. That's what 'dying' means in this case.
Also, the hardware will eventually become so worn out it'll only be worth something for scrap, though I'm sure I'll get rid of it before then.

And as Taidow pointed out, an unfortunate happenstance can also take out my console. All I was saying was this: I'm going to get a Wii U once I don't use my Xbox anymore.
avatar
Rollupntraff

Posts : 127
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Weyard

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii U Preorders (8/24-8/30)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum